Author Topic: pseudogynecomastia and tenderness  (Read 3931 times)

Offline achtungminen

• Posting Member
I have plenty of extra fat around my gut, that's hwere my body likes to distribute it.  I'm skinny in all the other parts.  So since it's in my gut, i'm assuming it's probably in my chest too.  It might be possible I have "pseudogynecomastia", but I do have tenderness in the nipple, one i can feel gland under it and the other the gland is more dispersed and doesn't feel painful.

My question is does "pseudo-gynecomastia" create hard tissue and tenderness, and unevenness?  I'm assuming not.  I also have puffy nipples.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I generally do not like the distinction between "True" and "Pseudo" Gynecomastia. Simply because the effort to refine the definition of Gynecomastia too much simply confuses people too much.

In any case, The breast usually has both fatty and glandular tissue.

There are not usually any adverse physical effects due to gynecomastia, The effects are psychologic. Low self image, Depression, social withdrawal, extreem shyness, etc are all common complaints of young men who have Gynecomastia. Even with a diagnosis of either true or pseudo gynecomastia, these results are the same.

The puffy nipples would certainly indicate Glandular growth while an overall rounded contour would be more indicative of fatty growth. Do not put too much stock in that however, even a good surgeon is not always sure until after the surgery is done.

With respect to sensitivity, This is a highly individual matter. It is generally thought that women have much more sensitive breasts than men. This may be true as a generallity, but it should be remembered that there are always exceptions to every generality and some men have more sensitive breasts than do some women. A man who enjoys some degree of erotic sensation from the breasts would likely lose that with surgery. If the breast sensitivity is an annoyance, then surgery would be a double blessing.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024