Author Topic: Dr. Haugrud  (Read 11786 times)

Offline titsrntcool

• Posting Member
Yes, my appt for Dr Haugrud is Jan 22, 2007.  Also on the cancellation list.  It's nice to live in Alberta, or better yet, to have a doctor that thinks male breasts are not right.  I think other doctors in alberta are just dinks-they should charge it to abhealth as well.  My brother had the surgery from another doc, it was covered.  That doc wanted to charge me 3500 for the same thing-albeit, my bro's chest was larger than mine, but still, from free to 3500!!  

Offline .invincible.ironman.

• Posting Member
  • I hate YaBB 1G - SP1!
Outshined,
If I were you I would try getting on a short list to go in for the consult possibly sooner. No guarantees that youll get a consult at a sooner date but when i went in for mine it took about 5 minutes....i waited 4 months (may until september) for that. So judging by how brief the consult is, i'm sure theres always a cancellation or two that you could try jumping on. btw alberta health covers everything dont worry.

if AB health covers it I dont know what I'm waiting for....

• Posting Member
  • I hate YaBB 1G - SP1!
after registering to this site in March 2004, I've finally done something about my problem. Called Dr. Haugrud today and I have my consultation in March 2007. 3 years later after finding out the truth about my condition, I am finally am doing something about this. I'm pretty excited. ;)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 07:23:35 AM by ironman »

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
I hear you invincible.ironman. I was the same way.I was scared to even phone the Dr. office. I didnt know how much it was going to cost me in Alberta. So when I saw that  Dr Haugrud Charges everything to A.H.C.. I thought I have to jump on that. So I did, I made the call and the receptionist was great to talk to. So I hope that Its a nice day for a 2 1/2 hour drive to Calgary on Dec.20th
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 06:21:44 PM by Shattered_Nyte »

• Posting Member
  • I hate YaBB 1G - SP1!
you'll hafta keep me updated on whats going on with you Nyte, so I know what I'm going to be in for. 8)

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Well when I phoned the office.The receptionist told me everything was paid for by A.H.C. as well as the consultation

calguy28

Just wanted to drop my two sence here for my fellow bros, I just had my consultation with Dr Haugurd last week and my surgery is at the end of March, ALL of it is covered by Alberta health, I had the option of getting put under or just a local, I chose the local because I would have had to wait 9 months, this way its only three, not everyone will get this option unless you have a mild to moderate case. I will keep every one posted with the results in March..CANT WAIT, Im gonna have a good summer in 07..lol

Offline NoChance

• Posting Member
So I too had an upcoming appointment with Dr. Haugrud in the new year.  However I was also on the cancelation list, and found out today that I have an appointment in a week now for a consultation.  I was just curious as to what he would ask me and what the counsultation included.   I didnt field the call from the receptionist, my Mom did as I wasnt home.  From what I've heard, the receptionist was asking questions like if I smoke or do drugs?  I know Gyno can be caused by certain drugs, but I've had gyno since I was 13-14 so I'm pretty sure thats not what caused it.  The only drug I've ever tried is weed, but thats like maybe once a month, and only recently.  Is this going to hurt me?  Should I be honest or just say no?  I dont want to say no and then have it come up in blood work later or something. I also dont want to say yes and lose myself a free surgery.

If anyone knows what the examination actually includes, or what questions he asks or I should ask him, please advise as I'm kind of nervous going in.
Also I personally believe I have a moderate case at most because my body fat is pretty low and it would be most a excision he would be doing.  If I have the option of being awake/under what should I pick? Even though my body fat is low should I still make sure he does lipo as there still is some fat there?  If anyone could shine some light on this I'd greatly appriciate it.

Thanks

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
As far as I know, whether or not you've done drugs it should still be covered.  Be honest about your drug use.  Not everyone who does marijuana gets gynecomastia, so it still is something you could be genetically predisposed to.

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
I am going for Consultation on Wednesday.
Is there any questions that I should ask the good doctor?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024