Author Topic: scar and scar tissue questions!!  (Read 2679 times)

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
hey im 6 weeks post op. my case was minor. i only had a bit of puff. my right side is good, my left is a little swollen still. I have a couple questions about scar tissue. how hard should it  be? mine feels pretty hard. I know its not gland because I didnt feel anything like that pre op. how long does the scar tissue usually take to go down and how effective is massage? it seems like it is making at least a slight difference. i know its normal to still have some sort of swelling at the 6 week point but when should i start to worry? also, how long goes the external scar fade for before it is as good as it will get? do the silicone strips really make a difference? if you have any thoughts or answers to any of these questions that would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I have found massaging to be pretty effective.  I would guess that different people have different levels of scarring, though.  I do still have some mild swelling at 6 weeks, but it seems to be getting better little by little.  I don't plan to worry until after several months.  If I'm still swollen in January then I'll be calling the P.S. and saying, "We have a problem."
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
Thanks. One more question. I have a slight dent when I flex on my left side right above the nipple. My doctor says this is normal and goes away. Anyone have a similar experience?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024