Author Topic: fluid build up question  (Read 3307 times)

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai

1 month post op now.
my q is: When and why does the fluid build up. Also, how does one realize that there is fluid build up.

I started moving out of the house 3 days after op, and travelled via bad vehicles, which gave a lil bumpy ride on bumpy roads. (im from india) i had no option anyways. (could this cause fluid build up/bad final results of surgery)

im just concerned if these things will get the final results not as good as could be. However, I try and walk as much as possible. My office is close tohome, about 1.5 miles. one way i travel and the other way i walk.

Im pretty much stressed and worried.

any suggestions?

thx

vishal

Offline shy

• Posting Member
Hello bhai,

I too am from India but I live in Toronto Canada now.  Are you sure it is fluid build up (do you feel like there is a lot of fluid moving around in your chest), or is it really swelling? Since you are only one month post op swelling is going to occur, so I would not be concerned too much at this point.  But if in fact there is a lot of fluid, then you can go to back to your surgeon and he/she should be able to drain the fluid (if it is indeed excess fluid).
Going to office is okay, but if your travel is along very bumpy roads (I know how it is) then I would suggest wearing some compression vest or some sort of support so your chest is not moving around too much.
It should take from 6 months to a year for your body to fully heal.
Good luck bhai, and you should be very proud of yourself for facing this problem.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Yeah man, I am 1 month and 2 weeks post op, and I still have some swelling. When I wear the compression vest for a long period and take it off, it looks normal, but if I leave the compression off for a few hours, I will start to feel pressure from the swelling and my chest looks swollen. It should take up top 3 months for it to complete resolve it self.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai
hey shy bhai & viao!!

actually i dont feel fluid build up, im just too concerned abt this whole thing. thing is , i have started to feel that the results becoz of the bumps etc might get altered ; as in ; the final shape/results might not be as good as could have been if these bumpy roads etc might have been avoided. if thats the case, i might apply for sick leave and take more rest.

i wear the vest 24/7 now. got it from underworks.com. it keeps me compressed.

in any case iguess im too paranoid. i hope im just paranoid and these thoughts of mine aren't true.

it was quite a freakin decision to go visit a plastic surgeon and explain this to my wife/mom/sister. phew!!!!!

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai
one more thng, my doc never used drains. he said he has some instruments using which drains will not be necessary. the next day i was dischrged frm the hospital

thx guys for ur help and suggestions.

vishal

Offline jbumps

• Posting Member
  • Think Different!!
Fluid build up is natural. It is kinda the bodies' way of replacing the lost tissue, however from between a month and 3 it should go and you chould be left with a normal chest.
15 and seriously hunched...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024