Author Topic: Pointy Nipples  (Read 37826 times)

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member
Gyneman, i hear ya...im still in ur boat.

same exact problem sounds like. mine are about 80 percent better.

mmaman, mine was an extra skin issue as well. he put in a purse string suture which helped a bit.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I got the purse string suture as well. He said it would keep the areola from stretching. If I didn't have that , he said they would be extremely puffy. So I'm thankful for that.

Offline marevna

I wonder why my still are puffy than after all this operation!! I guess there is nothing left to be done in my situation. I have had it all, and still puffy! What a waste of money

I am a woman and I have puffy areolas. I was wondering if any of you know what makes areolas (in men and women) to puff out (are they really different reasons?)?Why does the majority of women and men have absolutely flat areolas and why does a minority have puffy areolas that stick out? What is the cause? Thanks.

Offline jimmy1234

• Posting Member
2 yaers ago I had Lipo. then revision about 6 months after. Puffy nipples came back. At this point it is getting expensive but f__k it. I need to get this rectified

Offline tomo25mcr

• Posting Member
maybe lose the nipples, i no it sounds crazy and it is just a thought but would it be so bad?   thers a bodybuilder who had it done and its hard to notice unless he tells you whats happened

DrBermant

I wonder why my still are puffy than after all this operation!! I guess there is nothing left to be done in my situation. I have had it all, and still puffy! What a waste of money

I am a woman and I have puffy areolas. I was wondering if any of you know what makes areolas (in men and women) to puff out (are they really different reasons?)?Why does the majority of women and men have absolutely flat areolas and why does a minority have puffy areolas that stick out? What is the cause? Thanks.

The Cause of Puffy Nipple Anatomy is the same in men and women. It is the shape of the tissue under the areola. This happens in most women, just think of the pubescent breast.  With a small gland starting at the center of the areola, this is just a very common shape. As breasts increase in size, and there is a bigger gland the breast shape rounds.

Puffy Nipples in women surgery is not a good option since the gland may be needed for possible breast feeding.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
Had surgery about 4 mths ago!! PS says it might just be scar tissue underneath the nipple. He said there is nothing he can do about that!! I never had breasts just puffy areola. All I wanted was the puffiness away. It's seem like a neverending saga. I can't let it ruin my life anymore. I'm turning 34 in a few mths and at this point I have other things to worry about besides this stupid condition.

You should search this forum using the terms 'puffy nipples after surgery' or something. You'll find DOZENS of threads which describe the same problem. Probably scar tissue is causing your condition. As a matter of fact I also still have puffy nipples (now 3 months post op). Never had breasts but only puffy nipples...
Take your time to read these topics. They might reassure you since scar tissue may take up to a full year to heal! And most likely scar tissue is causing your nipples to protrude after the operation. Other option is that there is (too much)gland left over but let's hope it's not that.

good luck

Offline MEND1

• Posting Member
I hear Kenalog injections due the trick. Shrink any stubborn scar tissue, allowing nipples to lay flat if proper amount of gland was removed. Although not all PS are well versed in this treatment. Good thread on this site regarding that.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13299.0

Offline Jaxed23

• Posting Member
Post your photos.

DrBermant

I hear Kenalog injections due the trick. Shrink any stubborn scar tissue, allowing nipples to lay flat if proper amount of gland was removed. Although not all PS are well versed in this treatment. Good thread on this site regarding that.

Kenalog steroid injections will not reduce residual gland, may soften a scar, but rarely will change a contour problem from a scar.  Kenalog injections can leave depressions.  Before you believe such treatment is so effective, try to find before and after pictures or movies of the effects of such steroid injections. 

I prefer techniques that minimize such scarring and rarely need to use such steroids for my patients. Actually I do not know of a single photograph on all of the tens of thousands on my website, that the patient needed steroids to soften the scars.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024