Author Topic: New here, trying to lose a lot more weight. Any tips?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Mibu

• Posting Member
This community is just what I needed. I learned a lot just reading here for a few hours. I probably will not be able to afford surgery for a good while, but I'll be buying a few chest binding undershirts soon. Those should help my self esteem a bunch. For now though, do you guys have any sure fire tips to lose weight?

I am currently 5.11, 215 pounds. And I do have man boobs. I'll take a picture in a bit, but they do bother the hell out of me. I also work my ass off each week to try and lose weight. I work out 6x a week. My work out regime looks like this:

-Cardio on gazelle/elliptical machine 30 minutes on high resistance. 3-4x a week
-Walking fast/jogging 2 miles to the gym and back. 3x a week
-Incline bench presses of 10 reps x 5 on 2 types of benchpress machines. 2-3x a week
-Upper and lower back workouts 10 reps x 5 on 2 types of machines. 2-3x a week
-Jumping jacks 3 reps of 20 2x a week

I take my body to the limit during my work outs. I work out till I am covered in sweat and feel like I am almost out of breath. I really want to turn my manboobs into a better looking manly chest, so I can actually take my shirt off at the beach. I am not totally sure if I can do it myself, but I damn sure want to do everything in my own power to do it. Any related suggestions are appreciated. I have also been looking to take a weight loss supplement if any of you guys know of a good one that will ramp up my weight loss. Right now I barely lose around 1-2 pounds a week if that. I feel like that is not enough.

Offline iwannabefree

• Bronze Member
In addition to cardio, focus on trying to increase your body's muscle mass so that you are able to raise your resting metabolism. Meaning your body will naturally burn more calories just to maintain your muscle.

Focus on big muscles. Looking at your routine,. i dont see any lower body training. Thats where the biggest muscles are - dont ignore it. Do some squats, hamstrings --- basically dont ignore any parts of your body.

Good luck - alot of people on this forum dont agree, but fat loss helps reduce gynecomastia and increases your options for T shirts etc. However, certainly it does not take the breast tissue away.

I wish you all the best.

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
^^^ ditto to the above post.

Add some squats and deadlifts to your routine.  Those are the 2 best exercises for building overall muscularity.  Also, make your weight loss slow and consistent rather than fast and stop-and-go.  Slow, consistent weight loss will ensure that most or all of the weight you lose is fat weight and not muscle.  2 pounds a week should be the absolute maximum to lose but 1 per week would be preferable.  Also, 3 workouts per week at 5 sets per exercise is definitely overdoing it.  It would be better to back off the volume and focus on intensity (with proper form of course!)

Offline gynedowner

• Posting Member
you should also focus on your diet. cut out all fast food and eat small meals if you have to go out to eat. try healthy choice meals. They are generally around $3, microwabable, and are pretty filling, if eaten slowly. if you do have breast tissue, like wannabefree mentioned, you probably want to avoid chest muscle exercises as this will protrude your breast tissue out more making the overall appearance of your gynecomastia worse. gaining more muscle will boost your metabolism, so focus on building a lot in your arms and legs and with a good diet you'll see the weight come off. if there is any breast tissue it will be obvious once the weight is gone and then you may want to consult a physician to start considering a surgical option.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024