Author Topic: 460 testerone level  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
is that low for a 20 yr. old athlete

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
Testosterone levels can be very individual. Personally I would expect anyone under 30 to have ~500 ng/dl +  (which is 17.3 nM/L for the UK, using SI units). I'm having my levels checked on 17/9/08 and would be happy if it were 17 nM/L or higher.

A friend of mine who I've known since school has (at his last test a level of 14 nM/L (403 ng/dl), and he's 255 lb @ 5'10", virtually all muscle... he's freaking huge! He has no problem with libido, building muscle (obviously), and doesn't have gyne.

Total testosterone on its own is pretty much meaningless unless it's out of range, and super low (or super high). Did you have your test to try and find out why you have gyne?

For a hormone pannel to be even half useful for that you need :

Total Testosterone
Oestradiol (E2)
SHBG

Free testosterone is good to know, but it can be approximated through inputting your total Test and SHBG into an equation (search for "Free Androgen Index).

The ammount of testosterone that is available for your body to use id more important than the total ammount in your body. FOr example, a person with 800 ng/dl total, and 20 ng/dl free test is worse off than somoeone with 460 ng/dl total and 30 ng/dl free.

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
i just wanted to know my testerone level, WHy i dont have a beard at 20.

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
I didn't have very thick facial hair when I was 20. I'm now 26 and it has thickened alot. It's gone from fluff to thick course hairs.

Besides, beard growth isn't down to testosterone levels alone. DHT plays more than a slight part in the process. DHT is formed when free testosterone in your body is chewed up by an enzyme. Only free testosterone is able to be converted, and it depends on how sensative your skin is to the effects of DHT to begin with.

IMO hormone levels aren't a good way to find out why you have (in your opinion) a lack of facial hair. Everyone's different. Some have 5 o'clock shadow after shaving in the morning, others can go a couple of days before shaving. Everyone's different.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024