Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Lista  (Read 1570 times)

Offline thodalmic

• Posting Member
Hey guys my name is Dale and i have had gynecomastia since i was around 13. I am now 20 years old. Over the years i have come to realize gynecomastia effects everyone differently. some people manage to live with it in their own unique ways although others become quite diss-functional. I never accepted it and allowed it to cause great amounts of stress and anxiety, it was only recently that i have been diagnosed with a social anxiety dissorder. A brief google search on social anxiety dissorder will explain what it is, and anyone with gynecomastia will see how easily one can slide down that slippery slope.

So on April 23rd 2012 i will be having surgery performed by Dr. Lista in Missisauga. I will be posting before and after photos as well as updates on my healing process and the reversal of my social anxiety. Hope this helps some people and im open to all comments, questions and conversations  :)

Offline Hawks92

yeah man i know how you feel.. i feel like i waisted my whole teen life there was so much stuff i couldnt do because of my nips im ready to get rid of em to

22Twain

Hi Dale.  I'm also having surgery on April 23, so we can be healing buddies and support each other.  I'm 47 years old and have had gynecomastia since I was a teenager.  But I have also gained and lost a lot of weight over the years which has contributed to the problem.  I'm at a reasonable weight now and finally decided to get gyno surgery (including breast lift/reduction, so a bit more scaring) and body contouring (lipo on back, flanks and abdomen).  Should take about four hours total.

I can sympathize about social anxiety.  I think I learned to deal with it over the years until I finally reached the point where it seemed like the right time to finally see a PS after 30 years.  But everyone is different and I'm glad you have reached that point quicker!

Keep in touch.  Best of luck with your surgery.

Offline thodalmic

• Posting Member
Hawk92 we deff know the feeling, are you looking into surgery or what caused your gyn? Also 22twain that sounds great I never would have guessed that id hear from someone with the exact same date lol. Next week ill post some post op photos and some useful pre-op info  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024