Author Topic: My before and after surgery pics - My surgery experience with Dr. Lista  (Read 46304 times)

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Here they are, I'm 4 days post op and they're quite swollen compared to how they looked they 1st day post op - especially the left side. Surgery was performed by Dr. Frank Lista of the plastic surgery clinic in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Lipo & gland excision.

left side pre:

left side post:

frontal pre:

frontal post:

right side pre:

right side post:

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:59:46 PM by dondante »

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
Looks real good, even with the swelling.  How much was taken out, do you know?

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I haven't had a chance to ask my ps yet. He called me the evening I had my operation but I had fallen asleep and my wife didn't have the heart to wake me up. I have a followup scheduled with him on wednesday so I will definitely be peppering him questions about the op.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Just got back from my first followup; apparently I had 500 ccs removed from my left and 575 ccs removed from my right.

Offline BroWithGyno

• Posting Member
Looks Good Man, A Little Bit Of Swelling Though It Will Go Down, Congrats!!!

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Here's a pic from today, 8 days post-op, and the bruising is making its presence known  :) The swelling hasn't changed, still more pronounced on my left but not stressing about it as much as I was before because I know my body is going to take time to recover.

Offline Marc

• Posting Member
Comming from one who had just looked at the before and after picts I want to tell you thay I see a great differenceces and you should rest well knowing you look great.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I really appreciate that, Marc. This whole surgery thing is funny: the time leading to my procedure I was psyching myself up for the procedure - it's like I felt once that was over I would be done... But now I'm realizing the operation is the launching point and the recovery is where the real hard work begins - taking your meds, massaging the area, wearing the compression vest, sleeping uncomfortably, and watching yourself heal - it's not easy - but when you get comments like the one you just left me it definitely helps me feel like its all gonna be worth it. Thanks!

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
To add to Marc's comments, I agree with everything he said.  Moreover, remember to stop focusing on just your chest, but when you are judging look as others would.  Compare your chest against your entire body profile.  Do not focus on the chest alone, but realize that it is not in proportion with your entire body!!!  We tend to focus just on the chest itself, but take a step back and see what the world see's.  That is how you look.  You are more than a chest.  Your results look great.  Remember your chest is just one state in an entire country!

Offline dondante

• Gold Member

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Thought I'd post my 2 week (today) post - op shots. I'm thinking there's been some improvement - thoughts?

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
WOW that is a great improvement!!!!!!!  My swelling is going down as well.  What a great feeling, huh?  Looking good man.  You are 100% gyne free

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I'm definitely noticing a difference from 4 days post-op. It's weird though, I'm at a stage now where I would definitely feel much more comfortable going shirtless - but if I wear a shape hugging shirt I can still see those bothersome lumps I've always had. That's the source of my frustration right now, and what I'm really hoping will improve. I can clearly feel the scar lumps, and I know that they're playing their part - I'm getting anxious for my follow-up with Dr. Lista just to get a prefessional opinion on where I'm at.

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
You look fantastic!! You seemed to have recovered quite quickly.
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Not quite yet, I've got plenty of subcutaneous scar tissue going on - but thanks for your comment!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024