Author Topic: Dr. Manoj Khanna (Post Op Experience, Advise Against Using This Surgeon)  (Read 14532 times)

Offline glider

• Posting Member
I had gynecomastia liposuction surgery with Dr. Manoj Khanna in late Jan 2009, I personally would strongly advise against getting the surgery done with this surgeon.

I was travelling through India and had read about the cheap cosmetic surgery, and thought it would be a perfect opportunity to get rid of the moobs and be free of them finally. After some research I came across Dr. Manoj Khanna in Kolkata and saw some of his before and after photos from the website and gave him a call and asked about his experience, his alleged experience is 300+ successful gyno surgeries.

I organised an appointment with him and upon entering his office he seemed ok enough but very uninterested in my case personally it seemed like he wanted to get through as many potential patients as possible and this was blatantly obvious as there were 5 people in the waiting room with only an hour of his consultation hours left. He asked me a few questions very impassive to my responses, then explained in a very monotone bored and quick voice what the surgery involves and asks me when I was interested in getting the surgery done. When I said I wanted to get a few other consultations before I committed to surgeon or a date, he said he only had one opening for the next 6 weeks and it was tomorrow. This should of rang alarm bells in my head, but stupidly I agreed to get the surgery the next day, he did not discuss price, or expectations of the surgery, what I wanted to achieve or anything like that, I wrongly assumed he was going to do this the next day.

The next day I came in and got my robe on and test injections done, Dr. Manoj Khanna was nowhere to be seen, I asked the head nurse about this and she said she had been told to set me up for the surgery but not before I paid for the surgery in full! I was put in the operating chair giving the local anaesthetic, then the nurse said she was going to start with the liposuction, I once again asked for Dr. Manoj Khanna but was told he would come after the liposuction. The liposuction was done with the nurses laughing and joking with each other and me not really focused on the task at hand. The head nurse told me that there was no more fat left, and when I asked about the gland she said ‘no gland, Dr will look.’ After waiting for about 20 mins doing nothing in the surgery chair for the doctor to arrive, he finally did. He cracked a joke and I was frustrated by this as I had expected to talk to him about what I wanted to achieve with the surgery and that exactly was going to be done (concerning the liposuction and gland) and I had questions (such as where the incisions where going to be, the size of the scars, recovery time, etc) I thought it was very unprofessional that none of this was asked before the surgery. Instead of laughing along I asked about the gland to which he replied “its already gone.” I was shocked  he could say that as I read these boards and knew this would be impossible, my shocked response was “Are you serious?!”  ??? meaning how can you possibly claim this, then he got my nipple and wiggled it around and said “Yes Im serious, see nothing is underneath its all gone been taken out.” I was in a difficult position as arguing with a doctor during surgery is not the best idea, I had no choice but to let it slide and he checked the liposuction for about 1 minute claimed his nurses had done a great job then left.

There is no real need to say it but Im really disappointed with the surgery the before and after photos I have taken show absolutely no difference at all and it has been over 3 months post operation. Im left wondering what I paid for?!  I just don’t want anyone else to go through it; getting their hopes up for nothing, wasting their time (the surgery, recovery time, plus wearing the compression belt for 6 weeks) and money + getting two scars thrown in as well! :-\ Its great this site exists, I wish I had read a post like this before I went to see him, it is very obvious to me now that he just wanted the money and treated me like an ATM, he straight out lied about the gland being taken out, and despite my efforts post op communication has been nonexistent.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:00:14 AM by glider »

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
What an awful story, thanks for sharing it as a warning to others to avoid this plastic surgeon!

Offline glider

• Posting Member
Hey Dondante, yeah not a nice experience >:( but helping others avoid this experience I guess is the good thats come out of it. I guess now I will play the waiting game for some revision surgery, for which I will do the proper research! ::)

Offline D_lost_world

• Posting Member
I recently had a consultation with Dr Manoj Khanna

His Good Points
       If u search online for some good PS for gyne in kolkata, u will definitely come across him
       He appears to have good experience in gyne surgery
       Is a member of Indian association of aesthetic plastic surgeons
       Is also a member of International Society of aesthetic plastic surgeons

His Bad Points
       Frankly, i dint find his way of consultation very appreciating. He did appear uninterested and very casual with the consultation.
       His Clinic doesn't look very well equipped at least not to handle emergencies

He quoted a price of 20000 INR, which is very low as compared to others, not that its bad, but somehow i wondered how can there be so much of diff in the cost when it normally is around 40-50k

Finally i decided to go for another doc.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:03:53 PM by D_lost_world »

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
I'm guessing this is pretty typical of most Indian surgery clinics? Do you speak hindi Glider? Maybe there was a communication barrier too.

Anyway, this could be the worst OP story I've read yet on these forums. Nurses performing the whole surgery sounds horrific.

Hopefully it's just the swelling that's causing your chest to look big. It may go down in a month or so. Either way, I'd get it checked by a "real PS" (one in the states or wherever you're from).

Keep us posted.

Offline glider

• Posting Member
Hey Merangue, I dont speak hindi, his English was good though so there was not really a communication barrier apart from his non interest in the surgery.
I was hoping it was swelling but I really doubt it, its exactly like it was before the operation only now with two scars. When I feel the moobs there is no hard scar tissue just the soft fat that existed before the surgery.
Reading the responses I now know not only did I get a very unsuccessful surgery, I also got over charged by the Doctor, if it was quoted 20000 INR for D_lost_world, my case would me mild to moderate at best, and not only that there was no gland taken only lipo so if anything it should of been cheaper yet I paid A LOT more than 20 000 INR, so you can add dishonest Dr to my experience list >:(. I must sound bitter (I am a bit obviously :P) but just reporting the facts. Your right though and I am going to get the revision done by a proper PS back home when I can, I want to have the feeling of not having moobs on your mind at all!

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
dude that really sucks. the part that shocked me the most was the nurse was doing all the work. PHUCK that doc and his whole clinic. someday, all this is going to catch up to him and someone else will have the last laugh.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline glider

• Posting Member
Wow, this keeps getting worse, ok I still have bruising over 3 months post op, and now I read that there is Erythema Ab Liporaspiration it's a permanent situation caused by the doctor scraping or rasping the underside of the skin causing permanent damage to the blood vessels. So now I have permanent bruises that revision surgery will not help with. I am really really hoping it might fade away but over 3 months down the track and they are still not fading. I feel like absolute shit, Stay away from this surgeon people.

Offline sdkn

• Posting Member
Dear all,

thanks for updates abt this doc..... its really help us to avoid this types of doc.

Offline frank_1014

Thanks Glider for sharing this story. It helps us to avoid this Doctor.

Offline masakali09

Thank you so much for this post. I was in the middle taking an appointment with Dr Manof when while browsing I "by the grace of God" came across your feedback. The nurses performing the surgery is a NIGHTMARE! I am going to tell all my friends to stay away from this insensitive doctor! its Doctors like these who shake the complete confidence of patience in Kolkata and the whole doctor comminity gets a bad name for one guy like him!

But these guys dont realise that they may have risen high initially but bad word of mouth like this will bring them down to mother earth sooner than they realise what has hit them ! I have heard also from other sources of how insensitive and careless he is towards patients! Am glad I have a confirmation on this!

Thank you my friend! I dont know about the rest, but you have defintely helped me make up my mind! God Bless you! Take care and be healthy !

A Friend!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024