Author Topic: Surgery experience  (Read 13306 times)

Offline sdutta

Gynecomastia under local anaesthesia at Kolkata by Dr.Manoj Khanna

I must share my experience of getting my gynecomastia surgery done in Kolkata by Dr.Manoj Khanna. under local anaesthesia.

I was not wearing T-shirts or tight fitting shirts from adolescence because of the insecurities enlarged male breasts bring to us all.  I was looking for a solution to this problem for more than 10 years but did not know where to go.  I can still remember being 13-14 years old and being so ashamed that I had abnormally big breasts which was a topic of ridicule by my friends and class-mates.  Since that time I constantly resorted to buying loose clothes that would mask the problem.

I met Dr. Manoj Khanna after thinking about my problem for a long time. He was very cool in his approach, and I never had any inhibitions asking him about details and his experience. He explained that the entire operation was done by him usually under local anaesthesia and I would not need to be put to sleep. He said that general anaesthesia was given only if the patient is very scared and apprehensive. In the clinic on the same day, I met a young fellow who was just 16 years and had undergone gynecomastia surgery 3 weeks ago under local. That gave me heart. Also, no general anaesthesia meant I did not need to go to the Hospital, and did not need any accompanying person. I live alone in Kolkata and work in the IT sector, and did not want anyone to know.

After examining me, Dr.Khanna explained that I probably would need only liposuction. He also assured me that if need be, and if I was not happy, he would remove the gland after 6 months of the procedure free of charge. He said he used a special cannula which was very effective in removing most of the component of the gland, except the fibrous element.

I had my Surgery on Oct 3, 2008.  I can't tell you all how much of a relief this has been.   I only had lipo and I didn't think it would do the trick, but it did ( I am posting my before and current after pics -  so that you all may judge).   I am very pleased with my results.  My doc went in on both sides a little below and on the outside of my nipples.  He got every bit of fat and tissue and left some gland behind for normallcy. I wanted him to take out everything, but he said it would leave a saucer-dish deformity, and it is normal to have some gland. He has a special tiger-tip cannula from the US which he used and it was fantastic.

I chose Dr.Khanna after visiting 5 different plastic surgeons.  His staff was the most genuine, and just by chance, he was the cheapest (NOT my deciding factor).  He charges only Rs.30,000/- including everything- surgeon’s fees, anaesthesia and OT charges.

The amount of gland that was left behind sometimes made me think initially that I needed a little more taken out.  I kept thinking that I will need a revision initially. But Dr.Khanna kept insisting that I wear the belt and wait and watch. He promised to do the gland removal free of charge if I thought it necessary 6 months after the date of operation. Well, I don't need a revision.  I am pretty flat and very happy. 

I must add that I am going in for a Hair transplant now with Dr.Khanna shortly. Dr.Khanna is very famous for his work on hair transplant, and I was fortunatew to meet Ravi Shastri and Harsha Bhogle in his clinic during my visits, and both of them now look fabulous after doing Hair transplant surgery with him. Although it is a different forum, anyone interested in the same could ckeck him out.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:51:06 AM by sdutta »

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Congrats, looks good.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline death_m

Hi there,
I'm really glad for you that your surgery worked out.
I face the exact same predicament as you did.
My gynecomastia is almost the same (maybe marginaly more) than yours.
I would really be very thankful, if you could provide any contact details of your surgeon.

Thanks

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
Dude this is one hell of a result ! Looking at your pre op pics it appears as if you have a massive amount of gland and your doc removed it just with lipo with such amazing results. I believe it's cause of the special cannula he mentioned that sucks out most of the gland .  I think a normal lipo would never give such great results cause the gland stays unless excised. I'm not sure if my surgeon any such special cannulas but he would do the excision anyway. You look perfect already. Good luck
Sid

Offline AJit

Friends I am a teeneger and is suffering from this damn gynecomestia. I am willing to make an opperation this month. so please suggest me some good gynecomestia doctors in kolkata. it would be very kind if u provide me the cost of the surgery too. Plz fridnds plz help me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024