Author Topic: surgery in 6 days w/ Dr. Silverman  (Read 2444 times)

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
I am new to the forum, from what I can see there's alot more people than I ever would've imagined suffering from this problem.
It's good to see people stick together.

anyways, is it normal to be nervous about the upcoming surgey?

I have to go in on july 5th (the day before for pre-op testing) i am sure i will feel more comfortable after i get a feel for the hospital.

if anybody has any words of encouragement, it would be greatly appreciated.

5 days and a wake up, and the nightmare will be over
1 year post op, it's going to be a good summer

Offline jlg121

• Posting Member
stay strong, stay fearless. if your surgery was like mine, you're in for a bit of a recovery, but it will all be worth it. focus your mind on the objective. good luck.

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
thanks for the encouragement, jlg121.
as the day gets closer I feel my confidence grow and my nervousness fade,knowing that when it's all said and done, I won't have to walk hunched over and wear baggy shirts. and be able to take my wife kids to the beach without having to make excuses to leave early.

once again, thanks for your time, and I will be posting my entire surgey day from start to finish, and i will ask Dr. Silverman for my before and after photos to post here.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
yep.. i was nervous right until they stuck the IV in me (which didn't hurt a bit)... and then up until I woke up in the recovery room...

then I realized I was post-op and could stop being nervous..

in all honesty the surgery is the easy part, the hard part is the recovery, and the patience you will need

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024