Author Topic: my surgery experience ... gynesaur read.  (Read 2312 times)

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
okay, i'm nearly 2 week post-op.  i had it done at san diego lipo.

originally, i was extremely disappointed.  the left side looked larger than the right side from the very beginning.  they didn't put any drains in, and instead left two holes open on each side of the chest.  you can imagine what kind of mess this made, as all the fluid continuously came out.

the left wound healed in two days.  the right wound didn't heal until 7 or 8 days afterwards, and this was frustrating because i had to clean it up every few hours.

once the right wound healed, the right chest began to flare up and looked terrible.  it felt like there was excess fluid building up under my nipple.

well tonight when i showered i did some intense rubbing to the right side, and suddenly the right wound opened up again and started releasing fluid.  once most of the fluid was out, my right chest no longer protruded!  it looks really good!

this explains why the left chest was bigger from the beginning; the wound healed in 2 days leaving a good amount of fluid still in it.  it has slowly been going down since then, but it is still bigger than the right.

so once the fluid is absorbed by my body (or perhaps I can have it drained?) in the left chest, I think the overall results will be good!

so gynesaur, i know you're concerned about the swelling, but maybe it isn't swelling; perhaps its excess fluids as it is in my case...

let me know how things are going.

RT

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
Hey RT,

That sounds exactly like what they did to me. I was also given no drains so the 1st day so there was a lot of excess fluid. After day 1, I healed up and nothing else came out. The PA Ron told me it is temescent fluid in my chest and this will dissipate over time.

I am 1 month post-op now and I am concerned because my chest is still puffy and there is a good amount of protrusion on each side but I was assured this will all go away with time.

I still have excess fluid and hard granulation tissues forming in my chest. I'm going to try and get my before pics today so I can post with my post-op pics. I hope it is just swelling and nothing more...

Keep us updated!

-Gynesaur

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024