Author Topic: Is this fat or gyneco? Plz advise if i need surgery ?  (Read 14579 times)

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
Hi Guys,

I have always had a bulky chest as a teenager owing to my excessive weight....at 17 i started working out, nd slimmed down considerably after losing 45lbs....however my chest was still a bit  fatty/droopy....at the age of 24 today, i am beginning to workout again, nd this time i want to finally get the shape of my chest right...but before tht i need to know whether its just fat tht can be burned off, or is a case of gyneco which will need surgery? How much improvement could i expect with surgery?

thanks a lot,
from a guy who is thoroughly sick of the way his chest looks

Offline decimal

• Silver Member

DrBermant

Hi Guys,

I have always had a bulky chest as a teenager owing to my excessive weight....at 17 i started working out, nd slimmed down considerably after losing 45lbs....however my chest was still a bit  fatty/droopy....at the age of 24 today, i am beginning to workout again, nd this time i want to finally get the shape of my chest right...but before tht i need to know whether its just fat tht can be burned off, or is a case of gyneco which will need surgery? How much improvement could i expect with surgery?

thanks a lot,
from a guy who is thoroughly sick of the way his chest looks

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Does it not feel much better with that weight off?  45 pounds is quite an achievement. 

Low Nipples Do Not Look Good on the Male Chest.

Excess Skin of the Male Chest with Gynecomastia comes in various degrees.  Here are my Standard Pictures for Evaluating Extra Skin on the Male Chest.

Weight loss before surgery is usually much better than weight loss after surgery. Weight loss is a coarse tool, Plastic Surgery is better reserved for refinement. This is especially true when tissue sagging is a factor.  Why lift sagging tissue, lose more weight, and see that tissue sag again from further deflation? 

Weight loss and surgical sculpture is a series of compromises. What suites any one individual will vary.  Ideal sequence that I recommend my patients:

• Get to a weight you are comfortable living with.
  • Let the skin adjust as much as it will. It can take from 6 to 18 months for skin to equilibrate after a gastric bypass and major weight loss.
  • Building Chest Muscles is one way to fill deflated skin.
  • Then Address the Chest.
  • Use No Surgery Body Shaping Garments as emotional support not to rush the process.

For some patients, my small incision skin reduction chest lift is an option.  This eliminates the unnatural very obvious unnatural vertical scar.  For smaller problems, I have evolved my Internal Lift Male Mastopexy Surgery that has even smaller scars.  My internal lift is not suitable when the excess skin is a major contributing factor for the deformity.  A Male Donut Mastopexy when pushed too far will leave a star burst deformity that detracts from the result. That is why picking your surgeon carefully can be so important.

Yes, scars are a compromise.  We need some place to remove the excess skin.  The shorter the scars, the less skin that is removed. 

At this point, tissues need to heal after the liposuction. The other compromises still remain.  Options are best explored during an evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the bottom third of your pec area shows you have gyne, you can see it in the side profile as well.  op is the only fix if you want to be rid of it.  you can tell by the weight loss you did that the rest of this is not going away. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
thnks for the reply gentlemen......i guess surgery would be the way to go, but i m very scared of post-operation scars....atleast right now i have no issues taking off my shirt after really pumping up my chest....for now, I just let the people assume its fat that I could burn off whenever i set my mind to it....Dunno whether that is better, or to have them think of me as some freak with scars on my chest....

By the way, how bad are the post surgery scars supposed to be for a case as serious as mine?  

I would greatly appreciate any replies.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:34:26 PM by decimal »

DrBermant

thnks for the reply gentlemen......i guess surgery would be the way to go, but i m very scared of post-operation scars....atleast right now i have no issues taking off my shirt after really pumping up my chest....for now, I just let the girls assume its fat that I could burn off whenever i set my mind to it....Dunno whether that is better, or to have them think of me as some freak with scars on my chest....

By the way, how bad are the post surgery scars supposed to be for a case as serious as mine? 

I would greatly appreciate any replies.

Scars on my website are typical for my patients with my techniques.  Such issues are best explored during a consultation after better understanding the specifics of the problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline headheldhigh01

don't worry about the scars if your ps knows gyne, it's only the "i can do anything" general surgeons you have to worry about that don't care and think a scar's a scar.  a competent ps might cut close to a half circle on the edge of the areola for easy access, since that hides the scars pretty well, some people say they almost didn't notice it a year later.  a scary incompetent will cut all the way around or something equally dumb.  for lipo, sometimes people come in under the shoulder, but a good ps probably won't want to restrict his options to lipo only either. 

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
Thank you so much once again for your replies, gentlemen!

Dear Dr Bermant, I had a question for you. I am currently in India, and will most probably get the surgery done here in New Delhi. The doctor I was intending to go to is Dr. Lokesh Kumar (http://www.dacindia.com/meetdrlokesh.htm); his profile seems very impressive.

However, I looked at one of the sample pictures for gynecomastia surgery on their website http://www.dacindia.com/photog.htm, and was not very impressed with result. (You will have to scroll down for the gynecomastia pictures)

On your own website, you have talked extensively about the "crater deformity". Would the above picture be an example of that, or does it not look perfect only because this was a more extreme case surgery?

What could I do to ensure that I do not end up with a crater deformity as well? Could you please tell me if there is anything I could ask the doctor to ensure that he is aware of such complications and knows what he is talking about?

I know this might be asking too much of you, but I would really appreciate any valuable advice you could provide. Had cost and geographic location not been a constraint I would definitely feel more comfortable in getting the surgery done from a qualified surgeon as you, after visiting your website. The information and pictures posted on your website are very reassuring no doubt.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 06:16:13 AM by decimal »

DrBermant

Thank you so much once again for your replies, gentlemen!

Dear Dr Bermant, I had a question for you. I am currently in India, and will most probably get the surgery done here in New Delhi. The doctor I was intending to go to is Dr. Lokesh Kumar (http://www.dacindia.com/meetdrlokesh.htm); his profile seems very impressive.

However, I looked at one of the sample pictures for gynecomastia surgery on their website http://www.dacindia.com/photog.htm, and was not very impressed with result. (You will have to scroll down for the gynecomastia pictures)

On your own website, you have talked extensively about the "crater deformity". Would the above picture be an example of that, or does it not look perfect only because this was a more extreme case surgery?

What could I do to ensure that I do not end up with a crater deformity as well? Could you please tell me if there is anything I could ask the doctor to ensure that he is aware of such complications and knows what he is talking about?

I know this might be asking too much of you, but I would really appreciate any valuable advice you could provide. Had cost and geographic location not been a constraint I would definitely feel more comfortable in getting the surgery done from a qualified surgeon as you, after visiting your website. The information and pictures posted on your website are very reassuring no doubt.

Sorry, that single example with limited views is not very good. Crater deformities really show up on animation. The best way to avoid disasters like a Crater Deformity from Bad Gynecomastia Surgery is through surgeon selection.  I posted How to Pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon here:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Perhaps that is why I see so many patients from Asia with Gynecomastia.  To help minimize travel, many start with our Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
maybe i got the terminology wrong...but i m referring to a case where the nipples looked skewed after surgery....either they become concave or long ellipses?

Is tht wht is called a crater deformity?

Thanks  :)

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
maybe i got the terminology wrong...but i m referring to a case where the nipples looked skewed after surgery....either they become concave or long ellipses?

Is tht wht is called a crater deformity?

Thanks  :)

yea sounds like a crater you're talkin about!!! I had one big time the day after surgery but my chest filled it!!
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline headheldhigh01

what he said. 

I had one big time the day after surgery but my chest filled it!!
fluffy, that's interesting.  it may be a little early still, but is that part kind of starting to feel like the rest too?  

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
fluffy, i have seen your pre n post op pics, and might I say they are verry inspirational.....congratulations on ur healing!

I wanted to ask you that since by the looks of it, you had a more serious case of gyne as compared to me, how many incisions did the doctor make for the surgery?

Also, was any special procedure done to take care of excess/loose skin or was it only liposuction nd gland excision that was done on u?

Lastly, I had the impression that the crater deformity is a permanent thing tht could/could not be corrected by surgery only. You said that your nipples are filling back up to a more natural look. Since the breast tissue is gone, what exactly is holding up the nipple...is it fat that gets redistributed during the healing process....or did u pack on some muscles?

thanks a lot man

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
fluffy, i have seen your pre n post op pics, and might I say they are verry inspirational.....congratulations on ur healing!

I wanted to ask you that since by the looks of it, you had a more serious case of gyne as compared to me, how many incisions did the doctor make for the surgery?

Also, was any special procedure done to take care of excess/loose skin or was it only liposuction nd gland excision that was done on u?

Lastly, I had the impression that the crater deformity is a permanent thing tht could/could not be corrected by surgery only. You said that your nipples are filling back up to a more natural look. Since the breast tissue is gone, what exactly is holding up the nipple...is it fat that gets redistributed during the healing process....or did u pack on some muscles?

thanks a lot man

sorry it took so long to write back...i didn't even noticed this one for some reason.  It was one incision done on each side.  Yes he cut some of my skin off also and he did lipo first then cut me open.  Said I had a lot of breast tissue and it was directly underneath my skin and nipple!!  He got ALL the fat out and gland out and i was left with skin.   but i had no feeling so it was kind sagging and where my nipples are at  looked like black holes lol but as my skin began to tighten that big crater left and shit.  Cause when i seen that i was already thinking "SURGERY NUMBER 2" haha but I gave it time like he said and it's turning out really good.  I'm happy.  Some of my chest is still numb thought and my left side is healing faster, which is normal, and left side has a lil numbness left!  My left nipple kinda dented in now for some reason and it's starting to harden like that lol...i guess i was laying the wrong way but i keep tryin to darn wit haha but im not worried about cause i don't plan on taking off my shirt... my goal was to look normal in a damn t-shirt and i succeeded and my healing process isn't even over yet hhahaah!  I just gotta lose my gut now and i will!!  hope that answers your questions...

Fluffy( o )v( o )...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024