Author Topic: Finding clothes that fit.  (Read 787 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
My wardrobe is almost entirely from Torrid, but I know how to shop there. 

Using the store credit card I got 5% off, plus 10% off ordering something and picking it up in the store. I also take their survey every time for an additional 10% off (25% off total). 

I then shop their clearance items that are usually 30-70% off already.

I get 'name brand' items for Walmart prices.
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline 42CSurprise!

It seems you have an addiction problem Birdie...  

Of course, a girl has got to do what a girls does and doubtless you've been building a wardrobe of things you love to wear.  Bib overalls are a thing of the past.  Glad you're having fun.  Your new avatar tells us what you're all about at the moment.  Good for you!

Offline Justagirl💃

It seems you have an addiction problem Birdie... 

Oh my do I have a shopping addiction! 🙄

Offline Justagirl💃

I have some 48DDD's in my closet, but I thought I might fit into a 46DDD with recent weight loss. That would get me wearing 'off-the-shelf' at Torrid. 

I can't quite fit into the 46 band yet, and the 46DDD is too tight in the cups. 

Little bit more weight loss and I'll be a 46G 🤗

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
It seems like that's how it goes. Whenever I gained weight it went to my bottom and boobs. Then, when I lost weight, it came off of my bottom and my band size but not from my bra cups.

❤️Sophie❤️

Offline Johndoe1

It seems like that's how it goes. Whenever I gained weight it went to my bottom and boobs. Then, when I lost weight, it came off of my bottom and my band size but not from my bra cups.

❤️Sophie❤️
Yep. That's me.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I am wearing a 40" band and still filling a C cup.  I don't expect I will reach a 38 band size, with 25 more lost lbs to get to ideal weight.

I have been spending 3 days in Physical Torture, each week for 5 weeks.  I have not worn any support.  I have not been conspicuous.  Just a curious glance, every so often. 

My main concern is how to disguise these boobs, during the approaching summer, when it's gets 90+ degrees.  Good thing is that I wear a life vest when water skiing.  Once the knee is healed, I'm there.

Offline Justagirl💃

Hmm, the girls at Torrid helped me spend $300 store cash and $40 in rewards last weekend.
I still spent just under $100 on my Torrid credit card. 🤭

Wow, did I get a lot. I tried on some new bras but I'm not ready to upgrade yet in sizes.

I couldn't pass up the leopard print bra and ordered one, plus a pair of shoes I have been eyeing for months just had to make it into my bag. 🙄

If it wasn't for Torrid I wouldn't have anything to wear it all. 🤭

I'm wearing my new Nirvana Tee with embroidered flowers on it today:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 10:00:20 AM by Justagirl💃 »

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Shirt looks great on you and your shape really shines in the tee 

Offline Justagirl💃

Amazingly I have found many cis women are absolutely wrong in their assumptions about bra fittings. I knew an elderly lady that said, "I have been a C cup since school, I just buy a bigger band size as my breasts grow." This is completely WRONG as the band should always fit snug with the gore firmly against the chest (her breasts were hanging way down over her belly). 

One of CNA's came into Torrid and I helped her pick out a new bra. She didn't even understand band size was inches and the cups/band combo were based off Victorian shirt sizes.

She said, "how do you know so much?"

We found her proper fitting band size, then found a cup she fit (Measurements just bring you to a starting point).

How can people that make the vast majority of bra users know so little about them? Seems most cis women just use "try it on" only.

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Seems to be the general consensus for incorrect bra wearing. That they just try it on. It works and call it a day. When it may work it isn’t working right. As well, what I learned myself in trying bras on was wow a t shirt does not fit like a bralette or cami does not fit like a balconette and such. Who knew there was so much science to something simple as a bra. 
When I was an iron worker there was a banner that hung saying “take the time to make it right” and “a mistake happens when what could be done right is done wrong the first time”. I found this to be the slogan I carried when I became a b cup and a bra felt it wasn’t much of an option for comfort. I knew I didn’t “belong” in the women’s dept so I did my homework, studied what I could, asked those on forums who may be my height weight and body type and get their suggestions and so forth. After awhile I felt comfortable and confident going to try bras on myself. It took a few trial and errors but in 10-15 min in a fitting room and several bras and styles I felt I found my size. I am now bordering on a c cup and continue to take the time to make sure it’s right before checking out. 
I couldn’t do a pro fitting and figuring it out on my own was my best bet and it’s been a great return on investment. 

Offline Johndoe1

I have a friend who is a professional bra fitter and owned her own successful store for years. She recently went to work at TWO different major department store clothiers and got so fed up with the lack of knowledge or care the fitters had for the customers so quit in short order. According to her, it's all about moving in stock product. It doesn't matter if it fits, if it is close and you can talk the customer into buying it, do what it takes to sell it. No training other than get a reference measurement and start throwing bras at them until they bite. As you can imagine, she's fed up with the whole industry.

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
I can only imagine. That is ridiculous, but not surprising. I imagine they understand as well, that it's all about sex appeal and confidence when wearing. So an ill fitting bra that still looks good or provides the look of interest, may be easier to sell than a properly fitting bra that isn't the same intrigue. I'd assume they have the same bra in the right size no matter what, but who knows. 

Offline Justagirl💃

I have a friend who is a professional bra fitter and owned her own successful store for years. She recently went to work at TWO different major department store clothiers and got so fed up with the lack of knowledge or care the fitters had for the customers so quit in short order. According to her, it's all about moving in stock product. It doesn't matter if it fits, if it is close and you can talk the customer into buying it, do what it takes to sell it. No training other than get a reference measurement and start throwing bras at them until they bite. As you can imagine, she's fed up with the whole industry.
The amount of ignorance in the industry is astounding coupled with "sales quotas" they send to all the outlets. Last Saturday the manager told the assistant manager, "did you see our expected quota for today?"

That makes a dangerous combo, but I'm glad our Torrid has girls that "know their bras!"

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member

"That makes a dangerous combo, but I'm glad our Torrid has girls that "know their bras!""

I have a couple of boutiques where I shop for alot of my bras. I also use Torrid. I wear a 36G in most Torrid bras so I have to order them and have them shipped to the store. It sounds like a pain in the but, however, I go in a try them on and only pay for what I want to keep and they send the rest back. It also gives me a chance to do a little shopping while I'm in there.

♥️Sophie♥️

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024