Author Topic: Don't understand...  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Tail

• Posting Member
I don't quite understand what keeps the gland in the chest under the nipple large?
But don't mistake, I know it can be caused by genetics, puberty, and hormone imbalance.

Let me ask this though, while were going through puberty some boy's experience enlarged glands because of the hormone imbalance or increase of testosterone, but subside as they get older or as they're hormones balance out.

Now lets take me for example. When I was growing up I had the enlarged glands and secretion of liquid through my nipples and all that good stuff, but subsided as I reached 16 17ish.
Now I may have been experiencing some hormone imbalance because of a drug called propecia for hair loss, but have stopped taking the drug because of the side effects.
Since stopping I have gotten my blood test to show my hormones are all normal, but it seems the gland is getting bigger and the nipple, especially my right nipple, is getting longer and bigger.

My question is why don't the glands stop getting bigger or subside in size because my hormones have balanced out like when I was younger? If the glands can get smaller when I was younger, why not now?

Offline blackhawk

• Posting Member
Idk bro could be several different things. It could be somethin different this time and be idiopathic despite normal hormone levels.  From what I've read (take it with a grain of salt cause Im no doctor) some people could have more sensitive estrogen receptors that respond to stimulation that normally wouldn't effect others. Maybe this could be the case since you've had a history of gynecomastia??? The best I can offer is to post this in the Ask a Doctor section and see what they think about it.... Good luck

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
That's a good question. I don't know exactly why but ill have a go at it..

I would guess that in puberty it was caused by hormones, which eventually balanced out. But now it may not be caused by hormones, but something else in your body that reacted with the medication.

Sorry for being so vague, but that's what I think.

Offline blackhawk

• Posting Member
No problem, I think most people here are rather vague about why they have it until it's corrected by a doctor... from what I've read on here sometimes not even then.  You may check to make sure you aren't being over exposed to a lot of phytoestrogens in your daily routine as they can be ingested and/or absorbed transdermally (through the skin)... This can include certain types of laundry detergent, high levels of soy, anything with lavender/tea tree oils, bath soap/shampoo, lotions, hormones in the food you eat, aspartame, etc.... this crap really is everywhere and while the extent of the affects it has on ya is argued, when nothing else seems to fit its worth takin a look at at least. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024