Author Topic: told my best friend bout my gyn  (Read 2240 times)

Offline bassplayer

• Silver Member
he looked at me stupid and said there was nothing wrong. Then i was like be serious we were in the pool and stuff he said he was..felt good talking about it tho gave me more confindence

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Some amount of breast growth in early puberty is so common that it is often considered normal.  Most often this will slowly resolve or go away without surgical intervention.

Most breast growth in boys is of greatest problem because of what is going on in the mind of the person who has it.  Usually, it is harmless physically, but devastating emotionally.  My feeling is that it should always be checked out because Gynecomastia can sometimes be a symptom of serious medical problems.

Sometimes it runs in families,  Like mine!  The Doctor (unaware of my family history) told me that it would go away before I reached 18.  I'm a 67 year old great-grandpa and still waiting.  Actually, when I realized that all the men in the family had it, it lost importance for me.

If it does not self resolve in the late teens, you are fortunate in that the surgery is available and common to reduce men's breasts.  When I was a young man, the surgery did not exist.

Not all young men are good candidates for surgery and others have differing  reasons for not persuing surgery.
It is something that you can learn to cope with.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 11:14:06 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Yeah man I just told my best friend too. Feels good, atleast they can give you some support.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024