Author Topic: Hello....  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Growing

Appears this was lost in yesterdays site crash, so thought I would re-post it:

Wanted to take a moment to say hello and introduce myself.  I am new to this disorder and have much learning to do.  I was recently diagnosed with Gyncomastia.  Not only was this the first time I ever heard this word, but I had no clue such a condition even existed.

As a child, I was very overweight (about 110 lbs) until about 12 years old.  At that time, my body sprouted upward without gaining much weight. In high school, I wrestled in the 125 lb class as a senior.  It wasn't until my mid 20's when I began to put the weight back on.  By the time I was in my late 20's and early 30's, I was weighing in around 225 lbs. In my late 30's, I developed some serious health issues and underwent a few operations.  By my early 40's, I was tipping the scales around 265.  

With a lot of hard work, exercise and diet, I was able to drop down to 170 lbs.  I noticed at that time that no matter how much weight I lifted or exercise I did, I could not get my chest to firm up.

In my late 40's I was diagnosed with onset type 2 diabetes and my weight was back up to 225.  Back in April of this year, I began to notice some discomfort in both my breast and severe pain in both my nipples.  I went to my PCP and after many test and exams, my diagnoses was Gyncomastia.

To this day, I suffer with Very Sensitive breast and nipples.  While researching this condition and possible cures, I came upon this site.  All I can say is...... WOW

I never heard the word Gyncomastia before, let alone realize how many men it affects.  After much reading and lurking, I decided to join here and share.

Let me say Thank You to everyone who has shared their stories here, for this alone has helped me more than you will ever know.  After reading so many of Your stories, I took the advice of many here and went to be measured for a bra.  I know I am not that big, compared to some here (46H.... Ouch...), but wearing a bra (42B) has helped tremendously alleviate much of my discomfort.

Again, my sincere thanks to all who have shared their stories, for I NOW know I am not alone in this newest journey of my life......   

-- 

Dave

hammer

Hi Dave,
I'm Bob the guy with the 46H's! It's great when you find out that you're not the only guy that really needs a bra! I found that the best thing that you can do for yourself is to go get a professional fitting done! The bras that you get will cost more, but last longer and be much more comfortable!

Welcome to the forum.

Offline Growing

Thanks for the advice Bob.  I measured myself and found that some of the bra's that I have bought fit good while others are either to loose or to tight.  I attempted to adjust every bra, but quite frankly, have no clue what I am doing.  I know I should go and get professionally measured but am still way to embarrassed.  I might be traveling out of town this weekend, so that may present a good opportunity to find a place that provides professional measuring services and get this done with already.  Again, thank you for the advice.....

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would like to add my welcome too.
It seems you are in good hands,  but if you need anything, just ask. 
Grandpa Dan

hammer

Dave, my wife said that I was treated better then our daughter was when she was getting her formal fitting! I was told by my fitter that they have a lot of men with our problem that they take care of. I went to a boutique, called Allure in St. Paul., I've been getting by bras there ever since.

Offline Growing

Well today is the day.  I made an appointment w/ Nordstrom to be fitted.  I was nervous as hell just making the appointment, can only imagine how nervous I will be walking in the door...... 

hammer

Well today is the day.  I made an appointment w/ Nordstrom to be fitted.  I was nervous as hell just making the appointment, can only imagine how nervous I will be walking in the door......

It will be fine! You will be treated with great respect and you will get a great fitting bra in the end!

hammer

Guess I am just a coward at heart. Hope someday I can get strong enough to do this.

Hell ya you can do it! Just jump it with both feet, like a polar bear plunge in the middle of winter in Minnesota!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024