Author Topic: Shapermint  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Began

• Posting Member
So I have multiple sclerosis and the other day I had a flare-up that put me in the hospital overnight to make sure it wasn't a 2nd heart attack. This flare-up is called a m.s hug and it feels like getting hit with a cattle prod in my rib area.  My wife and I were looking up ways to help and found that besides my meds tight clothing may help.  She suggests I try one of her shaper camisoles and it was amazing the difference.  It has a side benefit of being sort of sports bra like.  When I saw my chest with a shirt on it was incredible the difference and when I went for my walk the next day no sore chest after. I'm only a c cup so can't say what it will do for larger size people but I can say we've since gone on shapermints website and ordered several more.  Never thought I  would see the day when my wife was telling me to wear a camisole 

Offline Began

• Posting Member
These shaping camisoles don't have any back clasps but do have adjustable straps.  They also are stepped into rather than put on overhead.  I learned that the hard way 

Brdy64

These shaping camisoles don't have any back clasps but do have adjustable straps.  They also are stepped into rather than put on overhead.  I learned that the hard way
I have never tried one, but I know some of the workers at the center swear by them.
The occupational therapist uses them as well and she is a well endowed Texas redhead (J cup maybe?). She swears by compression. 
I'm glad you found something that works for you 😉

Offline taxmapper

Be careful on the compression stuff. 
Recently i learned of something I was not aware of. 

If your bad on the bra or the shapeware, whatever is too tight, it can and will restrict lung expansion. 
yesterday one of my older bras that i rarely use but I put on, apparently had become too small and had not stretched much. 
this caused me shortness of breath and discomfort. 

Support is one thing, but watch how much compression takes place. 
it can be damaging in its own right. 

Brdy64

Be careful on the compression stuff.
Recently i learned of something I was not aware of.

If your bad on the bra or the shapeware, whatever is too tight, it can and will restrict lung expansion.
yesterday one of my older bras that i rarely use but I put on, apparently had become too small and had not stretched much.
this caused me shortness of breath and discomfort.

Support is one thing, but watch how much compression takes place.
it can be damaging in its own right.
The compression vests I tried gave me really bad blistering rashes because they couldn't breathe. But they were also made for trans-men (F to M), so they were really tight and thick.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 03:30:58 AM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Offline Began

• Posting Member
They aren't to tight the seem to be a bit more compressive around the belly than on top. I have walked a bit around neighborhood no worries.  

Offline Johndoe1

I have several Yummy Tummy camis that are very similar to the Shapemint's that I like. Allows the bust to breath but has form fitting control through the torso to the the hips. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

I've looked at the Shapermint camisoles and was thinking about trying them. I typically wear the Foxy Camis from Torrid. They are great in the summer. I even wear them to work with a skirt suit.

Brdy64

I've looked at the Shapermint camisoles and was thinking about trying them. I typically wear the Foxy Camis from Torrid. They are great in the summer. I even wear them to work with a skirt suit.
I just looked at the ones on Torrid. They are cute, I like them. Might think about wearing one underneath a blouse in the winter. 😍
Little too 'not neutral' enough for me to wear uncovered 🙄
But they are cute! 😍

Gino

Fingers in ears... La,la,la,la... I'm not listening, I don't need any more stuff :-)

Upfront

Agree they look good, but not quite my style darling! 

Brdy64

Agree they look good, but not quite my style darling!
Yeah, Torrid models show wearing them as outerwear with a skirt or pants. I'm much braver than I was, but not that brave!
Tank tops are the extent of my bravery 'at the moment', but again, things do change. 🙄
I might try them in the winter cold as an undergarment. 🤔

Offline Busty

I am a big fan of shapewear. There are lots of nice styles and brands.  Several women have praised Shapermint to me and said I should try them.  Glad you and your wife like them, too. 

BTW, your wife sounds great 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Still don't own a "Shapermint", but I do now own a Torrid Foxy Camis. I also own another one similar from Rue21. 

The one from Rue21 I have worn around the house with a strapless bra, and I love it. 💞

The one from Torrid has not arrived yet.

I'll be wearing them come wintertime under a nice blouse I'm sure of it. It's too hot to wear them under clothes right now, and they don't cover enough to wear alone outside for my taste. 😉
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
I just ordered a Shapermint tank. I’m anxious to receive it and give it a try. I can’t wear a bra to work and someone suggested to me that Lycra type shirts will do the same thing without the straps or outline.

I started getting boobs as a preteen. When I moved out for college I started wearing chest binders until I could afford surgery. I had surgery years ago and now have had some regrowth. I don’t want to go back to the binders, especially since I’ve now tried bras.

While I never wore a bra in the past, I would almost consider it a need lately. I’ve been very conscious of my boobs and have had intense pain lately. The Shapermint tank looks like it compresses stomach but supports boobs. I’m hoping it will be a good option to wear under work clothes without feeling like a binder or looking like a bra. I’ll leave a review once I’ve tried it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024