Author Topic: Are stores beginning to try and tell us something?  (Read 827 times)

Upfront

Recently my wife bought clothing in a women's dept. On getting them home she that closures were on the men's side.
I decided have a thorough poke around  in the men's dept - something I almost never do these days. Lo and behold there were items with fastenings on the women's side.   
I know one store in UK and only a few itemsdoes not make a scientific sample, but is this the start of something 

Brdy64

That is very interesting. 🤔

Wouldn't be nice if we moved into an era where spaghetti strapped tanks were found in the men's dept.?

Or maybe a flannel baby doll nighty for 'him'?

We find many items in the women's dept. that are very much unisex, it should go both ways. Maybe it already has? 🤔
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 07:45:12 AM by 💁Birdie »

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
I know zippers are on the opposite side on my jackets from the UK. Are buttons on the opposite side on UK shirts, too? Maybe they imported some stuff from the US and they're flipped? We loved to change agonizingly inane things from what was done in Britain (driver side, horse race direction, you name it!). ;D

Brdy64

So far I haven't found anything reversed at Torrid. I really don't shop anywhere else.

I have some old men's polos I'm still trying to wear out. They are reversed to me now, I wear blouses. 🤔

I'll have to ask around I guess. I don't shop in the men's dept. anymore. 😉

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I believe there is a lot of clothing that if you just changed the label from women’s to men’s no one could tell the difference. 
I’m in the Midwest in the heart of cowboy country and wear women’s wrangler jeans because they for me better and also women’s cowboy boots because my feet are narrow.
Nobody can tell the difference unless you wear jeans with bling.

Brdy64

I believe there is a lot of clothing that if you just changed the label from women’s to men’s no one could tell the difference.
I’m in the Midwest in the heart of cowboy country and wear women’s wrangler jeans because they for me better and also women’s cowboy boots because my feet are narrow.
Nobody can tell the difference unless you wear jeans with bling.
Reminds me of the time grandma picked up a pair of designer jeans from a second hand store for me. 
I wore them only 'one time' to school. The back pockets had some really cute pink flower designs on them. 💖
They fit like a glove, and were my favorite jeans. They just never graced the school grounds again. 🤣
But I think my almost waist length hair and curves back then were what really set them off. 🤔

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024