Author Topic: 8/7/15 surgery done with paul levick  (Read 5271 times)

Offline james66

• Posting Member
Oh I am definitely glad to have all that out of me lol it doesn't seem like anything is different yet cause all I am wary about is the binder. When I am tightening it I can see how swole and indented everything is. I have no doubts in a few weeks things will be looking much better. How long does it take for all the bruising to come through usually cause at the minute things aren't looking to bad just mainly were the wounds are?

Offline james66

• Posting Member
That brushing that I was saying hadn't appeared is definitely here now (see photo) am black and yellow everywhere. Pain is minimal all the same and am pretty used to the binder. 

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Looks good to me bruising apart.  You must be really happy with that up to now

Offline james66

• Posting Member
8 days since the surgery and I have had my first shower. It felt so good!

Results are beginning to show my right pec is shaping up the left is still fulled with fluid. I would be alarmed but everyone seems to get a bit of this and since it's only been a week and my second day in my macom vest I can't complain.

Pain is minimal. Range of motion is pretty good. I bruised so badly and am still covered but am getting there.

Here's a few snaps of my current chest. I emailed Mr levick today to get some feedback so will be interesting to hear what he says.

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:04:41 PM by rotors »

Offline james66

• Posting Member
Yes mate I'm chuffed!
Few questions guys if you could help. The left side is very watery mind. How long should I hold off before beginning to worry about it being drained?
Took my binder of today and both nipples are scabbed and hard is this normal?

Offline mart356

• Posting Member
Yes mate I'm chuffed!
Few questions guys if you could help. The left side is very watery mind. How long should I hold off before beginning to worry about it being drained?
Took my binder of today and both nipples are scabbed and hard is this normal?

Im 18 days post surgery and still have a bit of liquid build up on my right nipple, Dr.Levick said to just keep the compression up for as long as possible really and it should disappear eventually. I also still have a scabbed/hard nipple, ive seen a few people talk about it on here so seems relatively normal. Your result looks great compared to your before picture, congrats! Just patience now, the binder.vest will get very annoying, but just think short term comfort is sacrificed for the long term goal :)

Offline james66

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reassurance! I'm definitely happy with the results it's getting better each day. The right side looks so good just want the left to catch up lol. The vest is having its moments sometimes annoying but overall it's ok. Will post another update on wednesday which will he 2 weeks post op

Offline james66

• Posting Member
I'm a Tad late with my 2 week update. So I am currently 18 days post op things are healing nicely. 
Sensation is coming back to my chest and I can now feel the bruising whereas before it was just there to look at. The scabbed nipples are gone. 
There is still a fluid build up on my left side and it is still quite numb were the fluid is. It's frustrating I just want my left side to look as good as my right. 
My range of motion is now fantastic and I would love to be able to start working out again. When did most of you guys get back to the gym? 
Here is a small before and after picture I put together and my chest shape as of this morning

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024