Author Topic: My Diary... Post Op With Alex Karidis *Two Years (almost) Post-Op - Pictures*  (Read 21419 times)

Offline need_breast_help_uk

Your chest looks wicked mate well done..

I'm thinking of going to see Alex Karidis for a consultation to see what he can do for me, does anyone know if he'd see me with a view to having surgery once i've got the money together? Or does the surgery have to be soon after the consultation..?  I'm not sure how i'm going to afford it yet but would be good to speak to him to get an idea of how successful he thinks it would be, as I've got more fatty tissue than you had and i'm sure every procedure is different and can therefore expect different levels of success...  I'm currently bricking myself as I dont want to go through all that and then it not work... or need further procedures  :(

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Hi mate - sorry for the long reply. I think you can have surgery anytime after the consultation - i.e. i dont believe there's a specific time frame. & based upon my opinion and many others - Karidis rarely doesnt dissapoint.

Hope this helps - Fed Up
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

Offline jon942

• Posting Member
Hi Fed Up

Thanks for all your diary info. I'm due to have the op on Saturday 21st February with Dr. Karidis and quite nervous about it. My case is similar to yours so it was reassuring to read your story.

Jon

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Hi Jon,

Good to see Mr K is getting some more practice in before my turn on the 26th  ;D

We'll need to update each other on our progress. All the best for the 21st, but from what I've read we will be in safe hands.

Jock
17 days to go
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline Postop Boy

• Posting Member
Hi mate,
I'm 9 days post op with the wonderful Mr. K - Mine looks very similar to yours and I too am so pleased with everything. I'm sure he used the same marker pen on me aswell! ha

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Glad to hear it mate... i still think its one of the best decisions i've ever made! !  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Bumping a thread that's fairly old, admittedly.

The results look fucking superb!

I'm due to get surgery with Karidis very soon and I'm sooo excited! Finally, this gets sorted!
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline chipsmagee

• Posting Member
lol talking jibberish, ive heard this has happened to a few people after surgery why does it happen cant you control what your saying....seriously good results by the way :)!!

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I'm sure those of you that have had your surgery the same time as me (around two years ago) have also been off the forum, anyway - I thought I'd post up a 'nearly' two year post op progress *update* even though nothing much has changed since my last update, to give those of you that have yet to undergone surgery & to those of who that have recently had it done a bit more information.

Anyway, long story short, Almost two years post-op now, (this September), & to this day still believe its the best decision of my life, the influence it has had on my life is truly unbelievable. One of the most amazing outcomes its ability to diminish the memory of ever having gynecomastia, although clearly sometimes I do remember the experience, most of the time it never crosses my mind.

For instance:

- I no longer mind having my seat belt in between my chest,
- I no longer try to sit upright to ensure my chest looks relatively 'normal',
- I walk around the house topless,
- I no longer wear baggy clothing, or check my chest in clothing,
- etc... etc..

The difference regarding the mental aspect is truly immense, using an example... during my final year at university, as the weight lifted was unbelievable - i believe it has been a major determinant in the outcome of gaining my first class honors degree, resulting in my eligibility for a scholarship to attend my Ma Masters which i complete in September. Far fetched this may sound, I'm sure many of you will agree that it enables you to concentrate on the important things in life.

To this day I do have some issues, sometimes my nipples seam a little creased, although its dependent on how my posture is, & again the scaring (or lack of it) is highly impressive. I've managed to tell a few close friends about the operation, in which they are truly amazed with the outcome. At the end of the day, my expectations were realistic, and I seriously cant complain at the level of excellence I've received from Alex karidis, in which i recommend for anyone contemplating surgery.

Anyway, I thought I would post an update to support those of you that are considering surgery, have consultations booked, or are looking for inspiration for the future.

Good Luck, and I would like to display my appreciation to the creator of this forum for the development of a website which enables a very delicate topic to be discussed with excellent people who provide valuable feedback.

Enjoy these Pictures  ;D

(no longer) Fed - Up

Offline blueblueblue

• Posting Member
fed-up, I cannot describe how truly uplifting your story is along with your amazing pictures, you'r chest looks a million dollars compared to before. I feel that my problem is similar to what yours was beforehand and am having my op on 1st June so i'm getting quite nervous about the whole experience.

It's people like you who really pushed me into being brave and helping to rescue my self esteem and happiness, albeit a a hefty price, but I suppose money is nothing if it helps fill me with confidence. I feel like the problem has effected my whole time at University, in which I have just finished but i've gone all through University without having the self-confidence to push myself as much as I should have done.

I just really hope that my results are as good as yours, and i don't have to worry about worrying anything but loose clothing as well as buying clothes and then feeling that you can see through, especially the puffy nipple. Just wondering as you can't really tell from your first pictures, did you have puffy nipple or just gyne?

Thanks

Offline Deymorin

• Posting Member
Awesome results dude! Read your story from the beginning... I'm at about 2 months post with karadis now

You said Karadis mentioend you had a lot of swelling at 6 weeks, did this die down?
Did you see much of a change from 2 months to 6 months? then 6 months - 1 year?

Interested to speak to someone who's had it done so long ago!

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Awesome results dude! Read your story from the beginning... I'm at about 2 months post with karadis now

You said Karadis mentioend you had a lot of swelling at 6 weeks, did this die down?
Did you see much of a change from 2 months to 6 months? then 6 months - 1 year?

Interested to speak to someone who's had it done so long ago!

Yes, he Did... & it died down a lot. Too be honest, I don't really remember the difference between 6 month and a year (if any), but the first few months were when the most changes happened.

Hope this helps

Offline dtc78

• Posting Member
Hey Fed-up!

Great result pal really impressive! Can i just ask wot your work out return was/is since the op to get such a good
result? Do you watch what you eat etc? Im 5 weeks post op so early days but im keen to lose my flabby belly now and bring
it in line with my new chest!

Cheers pal

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024