Author Topic: Anyone from Mumbai, India? Got gyno questions  (Read 2170 times)

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai
Hello everyone:

Could you let me know any good plastic surgeon in Mumbai. I am really going mad with this problem. I dont even know who to talk to abt this.

1) What are the credentials to check.
2) Should the surgeon show you before and after pics. 3) Should the doc recommend to get a hormonal check done.

Actually, I had a meeting with a PS in Mumbai 2 months back. He said Lipo is fine. No need for excision. What is the difference. He did not even recommend getting a hormonal check done. Is that a problem? However, he recommended I get some blood chekcup done. I am visiting him again next week with the results. Am still not convinced whether or not to go for this surgery. Maybe a second meeting might help. Any suggestins, pls let me know.

Thx

Vishal

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'll waive on mumbai specifically, but to your questions,
1.  basically, is he experienced at this, has he done a passable number of operations, as well as does he know good gyne technique, such as hiding scars with either a semicircular or less incision on the areolar edge or side approach for lipo.  see also link below.  
2.  ideally yes.  
3.  ideally yes.  the issue is that if you still had the kind of hormonal imbalances that lead to gyne, it could recur after an operation.  this is uncommon beyond the teen years (except in later years again) but probably worth inquiring into.  

one useful thread for general questions to ask a surgeon was this one, adapt for your circumstances:  
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=di splay;num=1043090033
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 08:53:42 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024