Author Topic: Pain beginning?  (Read 2175 times)

Offline thisonehere

• Posting Member
Hello, I am 16 and have gyne/puffy nipples (just a small lump under the nipple that make me look ridiculous as i am quite thin and my nipples poke out by about 1cm) for 4 or so years. I realise they are probably not going to disappear without intervention by now.
However, The left nipple has recently began to hurt, a sort of stinging feeling when I touch it. I keep giving myself false hope that the change may be happening whereby my nipples begin to reduce, but I am slightly worried that it may be developing into something else, or bleeding etc

any ideas?

Offline xelnaga13

You're correct in your assertion that your odds of spontaneous improvement are low.

As long as you are not causing the pain by squeezing your chest, the pain is likely caused by the activation of estrogen receptors in your breast tissue. During puberty your hormones will fluctuate, sometimes this can cause gyne to increase in size.

There is not much you can do at this particular point in your life. No endo is going to risk hormonal medication and if you get surgery you risk developing another case of gyne (which I did after surgery at 14). Its in your best interest to get through puberty and then consider surgery if it bothers you.

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Not sure where the OP lives, but if you are in a country with free health care _ id go see a doctor. But that's just me. Anything lumpy that causes pain is probably best looked at. You may not get an answer you like (gyno etc) but it's better than thinking it might be something worse....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024