Author Topic: My Gynecomastia Story Since Age 10 + Pictures  (Read 5823 times)

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Well i am 17 years old now soon 18, looking at my old video recording of my self which my mum use to do a collectiono of family videos at the beach etc, i saw that i was quite a fit boy at the age of 10, i was no way near being fat, i had a good body but i had puffy nipples, i did not have the actual boobs because i am guessing it didn't develope at that time however it started off with being puffy nipples.

I've had so much bad moments in my life regarding my Gynecomastia situation, for example when i use to go to the beach i couldnt take off my shirt, i would wear layers and layers of shirts in the summer at 35 degrees hot weather, people use to look at me saying is he crazy?
I use to wear layers just to hide the man boobs, i could never walk up straight chest up head up, i had to always walk by slightly bending and hunching in order to hide the man boobs.

When friends saw me in the beach they use to insult me "give me a breast wank" "your boobs are bigger than my girlfriends" can you imagine how discusting these insults are? can you imagine how longer could a 13-14-15 year old boy take these insults? can you actually think of this boy ever taking his shirt off? Obviously NO.

My mum and relatives use to always tell me son go in the sea have fun swim take your shirt off get tanned, but i couldnt do that, why coz i have man boobs that straight away when i took of my shirt people use to look. I couldnt even enter the sea from the normal entrance where every other human beings enter, i use to go around the side where no one comes in and then actually start swimming from there.

How about when they ask you, "you got a girl?" i never answered that question with a "YES" because i never approached a girl, whenever i saw a girl i was aware that they can see my boobs, for example there was this girl i know that i really loved and i still do really fancy here, i saw here at the beach in the sea she approached me to come and talk to me, what do i do? i swim away and dissapear in sea, yea i still love that girl i still did from the age of 13 to now, but i never got to approach here in a way that i wanted to.

17 years old now turning 18 soon, i dont know man, anyone who doesnt have gyno would not understand the pain and the feeling, i just dont know, my mind is messed up, too much stress for a 17 year old man, my heads going through alot of crap, sometimes i am thinking of doing surgery but getting then hearing bad results and people convincing me to not do surgery, another reason is i am quite anxious of going under general, so i am in a bad situatuion right now and i just found out about Karidis, told my dad about how my Gyno effects me and i wanted to go to this doctor called Karidis and my dad said ok we could go for a consultation.

I dont know mann psychologicaly i am in a bad situation, somtimes i think of my self and get all emotional and stressed out so i just go out a little jog to release the stress all i could do.

I did get a little bit personal in my story but this is my situation friends, to all sufferers of Gynecomastia, you are not alonei think we should help each other in these kind of situation where we all have the same topic of problem.

Regards

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
With a few exceptions, your story is very familiar. I went through very much the same thing. The difference was that I was 17 in 1954 and cosmetic surgery had to improve a lot before it became a viable option.

In that time, the only choice was to grit your teeth and learn to live with it. We had PE daily so I had to ghange into gym clothes daily in the school locker room with no privacy. A Boy had to learn to be thick skinned. In 1955, I graduated from High school, had my 17th birthday and enlisted in the Air Force all within 3 months. Basic training started to be a literal hell, but there was another guy in my outfit who also hade gyne and he made a better victim so I got by OK. After Basic, I was sent to a Medical Technical School. The screening for that Technical School had weeded out the lowbrow, the teasing was less with a peergroup of higher intellect so I got through it OK.

I was about 50 years old when liposuction was first introduced and other advancements quickly followed making surgery a real option. The problem was that I then had a family and responsibilities that were more important. In short, my priorities had changed so I never had the surgery. Now, at the age of 75 I have medical problems that make me a poor candidate for many kinds of elective surgery.

While you are thinking about how miserable things are for you, take a few seconds to be thankful that you have been born in an age when safe and effective surgery is available.

Welcome aboard, We are all friends here.
Grandpa Dan

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
Think of the positives at this point;

1. You know there are effective treatments (as pawpaw said you are lucky in that respect).

2. You are super young.

3. You have told your folks.

4. You have a consult booked with a top surgeon who consistently gets decent results.

ofc almost everybody who reads your post will identify with some or all of its content. My only advice is just continue to try & sort it out - if its affecting you as badly as it does then you should take the steps to sort it.

Some people do have real strength of character for which they should be admired - for example my brother has super-bad gyne & its never held him back......he doesn't give a sh*t.

I noticed you said you are afraid of general anaesthetic.... I suffer bad anxiety attacks anyway (if I had a full blown attack they may not operate was my other fear) & the prospect of going to a hospital being looked at & then knocked out was horrifying.....but honestly it was OK....mildly fun/interesting to be honest lol.

Anyway. just remember you are young, there is a great deal of hope for you & this humbling condition will probably make you a nicer human being in the future whether you have breast tissue or not. GL.

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the replies, yes i agree with Paw that i atleast have options to resolve problems. Well i have been excersing now for good i was 96 Kilograms now 86 Kilograms in 3 months, not bad but not that great either, my target is 80 kilogram and that is good for me, my family keeps on saying its fat its fat you have to lose the fat, and the funny thing is they came with me to the GP to get my self checked whether i had Gyno or not LOL.

Yeah i am quite anxious about going under so i would prefer a more of a walk in walk out procedure which karidis does provide with Twilight Anasthesia, however being a suitable candidate or not will be decided on the day of consultation in my humble opinion.

Anyway thanks for the replies and yes it is effecting my life in a major way, however i am thinking about people that are worser than mine, i have seen pictures of people worser than mine so i really do thank god!

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
Its not unreasonable for you to ask for a pre-op sedative of some sort.....afterall if you go private you get to call the shots - its harldy pocket change.

I would rather be knocked out. Its nothing, you just fall asleep....really - I wasn't anxious at all at the time. It was more the thinking about it before that was bad.

The people who give you the GA are trained/totally used to people being anxious about it & they are good at chilling you out. When you reason it out - they are doing this day in day out with scarce/minimal complications.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
I'm just past 4 weeks post op with karidis. As much as I understand healing is a long price after the surgery I finally feel like I'm able to forget about what angle people see me and what t-shirt I'm wearing etc. My gyne wasn't as bad as some but I had some pretty bad physiological issues with my body. I finally feel like I can forget about the outside of my appearance and just be me.

One thing that you might find useful is all the user logs on the UK section of these boards. My decision was made so much easier being able to watch people just like me going through a process I was interested in looking in to. I got to the point where I knew every stage of the process (including the consultation) before I'd been through it myself, that really made the difference for me and without looking at them sort of boards I honestly don't think I'd be the other side of surgery right now. Seeing how useful that was to putting my mind at ease I made one myself to help others in the position I was before surgery and to log my progress.

For me telling my family was the hardest part and you've done that so to me you're ahead of where you think you are mentally. The way I looked at my gyne was, if it impacts my life so bad then this is more then cosmetic. If my only way to rid myself is surgery then I want the best. If I've done everything I can do to give myself the best possible results, then I can do no more. If the worst case is I'm comfortable in a t-shirt then I'm still a happier person and with that comes confidence. But I've given myself the best possible chance to get the natural looking flat chest I would like.

You have the choice, time and support of your family and the people here that know what you're going through. Look into things and think about it.

Offline person2345

• Posting Member
i know where your coming from on a lot of levels. losing weight really does help alot more then most people think. i would 110% recommend it before considering going under the knife. try to eat as much raw food as posible and drink darn loads of water and get lots of sleep. from your photo you actually dont look like you will need to lose a whole lot of weight to get good results. im sure if you put ur mind to it you should be close your your goal within 2 or 3 months. good luck mate if you ever need advice on losing weight just message me. :)

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
i know where your coming from on a lot of levels. losing weight really does help alot more then most people think. i would 110% recommend it before considering going under the knife. try to eat as much raw food as posible and drink darn loads of water and get lots of sleep. from your photo you actually dont look like you will need to lose a whole lot of weight to get good results. im sure if you put ur mind to it you should be close your your goal within 2 or 3 months. good luck mate if you ever need advice on losing weight just message me. :)
Hey thanks mate, this picture is quite old tbh maybe 3 months you know :D in 3 and a half months i dropped from 96 kilograms to 85, i am 85 now my target is 80, even though i lost 11 kilogragms my gynecomastia didnt get any better except getting maybe worse with my humble guess. I really dont want the surgery as i am a anxious person of going under general anasthesia, though i have found out that this surgery can be performed under local with sedation or twilight at least, therefore i am considering the surgery, however consultation will be need to made in order to learn if i am an suitable canditate for such local+sedation, thanks for the reply.

Regards

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024