Author Topic: My surgery in Poland with Katarzyna Ostrowska Clark  (Read 16178 times)

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
I think everybody reacts a bit differently to surgery, and of course it depends on how much lipo you need & the size of your glands too.  Plus your pre & post op nutrition etc.

As far as I'm concerned, I swelled up quite quickly after surgery.  The skin went numb and below it was a sore tenderness all over my chest.  I wouldn't say it felt watery but of course there must have been fluid buildup causing it.  Those first few days were definitely the worst for me and my movement was restricted because of it.

Since then, it has improved every day.  The swelling went down gradually and the pain decreased.  My skin feels a bit more normal now and my range of movement has got better and better.  I should say that I have been wearing the compression vest almost 24/7 (apart from showers) so that has probably helped.

I now still have skin numbness extending around the nipple areas and that is also the most swollen/tender area at the moment (so the area where the gland was removed).  I have no sensation in the nipples at all.

I know that others have seen fluid buildup in the second or third week.  I haven't experienced that yet.  I'm only 13 days post op and it may still happen so I'll keep you updated.

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Day 13 and I've just finished my first hand massage with some Bio Oil for lubrication.

I think I'm definitely developing scar tissue.  I don't know how bad it is as I have nothing to compare it to but there are lots of hard lumps, particularly in the tissue around the nipple area.

I have to admit it's a bit depressing, particularly as it's probably only in its early stages of development.

I'll keep massaging and hopefully it will go in time.  If anybody has any particular tips to help I'd be grateful for advice.

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
I wouldnt worry mate im nearly 2 years post op and still have scar tissue under my skin!
Its unnoticable but still there flatterned out.
Your body will decide when i goes.
Keep massaging.

Regards.
Jake
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Thanks jakey.  I keep referring back to your thread and it was one of my inspirations for getting this done so I am grateful.

I'm now 2 weeeks post op.  I haven't had any coffee or alcohol for 3 weeks and am now gagging!  Think I might be due a drink this weekend!

I'm going to keep massaging as much as I can.  The scab fell off one of my nipples this morning after my shower which caused a bit of bleeding but otherwise things are looking ok.

Got to keep working on this scar tissue now.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Hey, mate. I don't mean to push, but photos would be great. I'll soon be going through the same healing and would be really interested in seeing how you're progressing.

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Hey Zach,
Cheers pal means alot, Why not i started drinking 1 week post op i think.
Good as stated scar tissue takes time just massage it so its flat.

If you need any help give me a shout.
As Poland2012 said pictures would be great.

Cheers
Jake

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
No worries jakey, you did a brilliant job with your thread which will help a lot of people.  Thanks for the massage advice - I'll keep at it.  I was told no alcohol for a week before or after surgery and for some reason I didn't fancy it last weekend so it's now been 3 weeks in total.  I'll make up for it soon ;-).

Poland, I've taken some photos tonight so will upload for you later or maybe tomorrow.

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Right let's see if these work.  These are all post-op pics.  I will try to get the pre-op ones from Katarzyna so that you can see the difference.

Excuse the shine - I'd just finished massaging with oil!

FRONT after massage:

SIDE before massage (you can see the compression indents):

SIDE after massage:

There is quite a lot of scar tissue that has built up in the tissue around the nipples.  Other than that, as you can see there is no bruising and not a huge amount of swelling.  My chest is still tender and a little painful when massaging etc.  Having seen an improvement every day for the first 10 days, not a lot seems to have changed over the past 4/5 other than the scar tissue appearing.

All of the incisions seem to be healing well and I'll start to use some scar treatments once the scabs have fallen off.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Looking good. Any idea how much she removed?

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Poland, roughly 100ml of fat from each side.  I didn't get the gland sizes but apparently they were on the small side.

Can't wait to get back to the gym now.

I'll put more pics up in a few weeks before you go to Szczecin so you can see how things go from here.

Rest assured that Katarzyna is a perfectionist and will do the best job she can for you.

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
I'm glad I bought plenty of Jelonet because when the scabs come off your nipples they do go a bit raw (maybe mine came off a bit too soon in the shower).  One side has fully healed now but the other one still needs a couple of days I think.  The Jelonet really helps because it doesn't stick at all so you don't keep disturbing the scab.

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
No real updates to provide you with - just continuing with the massage and trying to get rid of these lumps that are building up.

I haven't had any issues with fluid build up (hematomas or seromas) thankfully.

It really is true that you swap your gyne for swelling and scar tissue though - just hope they go with time which the glands wouldn't.

One thing I forgot to mention before:  I've read on here that some people have suffered from constipation after the anaesthesia.  I had Actimel & Activia yoghurts before and after surgery (other probiotics are available!).  I don't know whether they helped or not but I didn't have any constipation post op.  Apologies to those who don't really want to read about that!

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Well I'm over 3 weeks post op now and it feels like the surgery was ages ago.  I don't have any pain unless I'm massaging and I'm completely used to wearing the compression vests too.

I am massaging every day - my chest is still lumpy but just got to keep working on it and hopefully with time it'll sort itself out.  I am putting silicone scar gel on the incisions.

I haven't done any exercise yet but might start some light jogging or exercise bike if I feel up to it in a week or so.  I don't want to put on too much weight.

Whilst my time in Szczecin wasn't exactly fun, I do look back on it fondly and for those who are considering Poland as an option, it really isn't a big deal going abroad and you get very well looked after.

Offline gregory34

• Posting Member
Very good thread mate and well done. You don't seem too happy with things though. It's hard to guage your progress without before pics but I think once the gland is out things are only going to get better.

I do have one question though, did you enquire about staying awake during the operation? Does Katarzyna do this?

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Thanks gregory.

I am very happy so far.  The scar tissue is a bit of a pain but I knew it would come and I'm massaging every day which should help in the long run.  Overall I would have no hesitation in recommending Katarzyna and getting this operation done in Poland.

My pics haven't changed much since a week or so ago except maybe my skin looks a bit more lumpy but I'll put some more up soon so that you can see how it's going.

I didn't ask Katarzyna about staying awake during the operation.  To be honest there is no way that I would want to although you could always email them and ask.

I'm very pleased I've had it done and I think I made the right choice of surgeon too.  No complaints at this stage, that's for sure.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024