Author Topic: link between breast development and milk  (Read 4384 times)

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
In one of my classes recently, the professor was going through odd news stories, and she related one that caught my attention. She said that really young girls in grade school (or I actually don't remember what year she said, so I may be off)...they are developing breasts earlier now because of some growth hormone the cows eat ... that is found in the milk.

I am wondering if anyone here knows about this. Perhaps this may have contributed to my developing breasts. Growing up, I love milk and would literally drink a gallon of it a day...while in elementary school and up until I lost a great deal of weight at age 14. I have rarely drank it since, just because I got into other beverages, such as mountain dew, that I focused on.

Offline Spleen

I don't think there's any strong, empirical evidence to support that theory just yet, but that doesn't mean there's not a link.  My kids only get organic milk and as many organic foods as I can find in the average supermarket.  Even without hard or overwhelming evidence I'm a bit suspictious about the use of hormones, hebicides, fungicides and pesticides in the prodoction of the foods we consume.  Organic foods taste better too, so if nothing else we enjoy that benefit.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
i went to buy bottled water and the guy was saying that the problem with tap water (among other things), is high levels of estrogen and prozac in the water that the city does not filter....(people flushing their pills, and estrogen from stuff women flush)

no idea if it's just a sales pitch or true...i'm guessing there's some truth, anybody know?

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
i doubt there's a link. everyone drinks milk.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
My friends brother works as an inspector for the USDA, and he refuses to drink milk.

If you drank that much milk, boobhater, than it probably was a factor in you developing gyno. I've often wondered about the "idiopathic" cases of gyno and about the possibility of hormones in milk being the culprit.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Like a bad penny, this turns up often.

It has no merit,  No significant difference could be found in people who consumed large amounts of Dairy products compared with others who consumed little Dairy or Meat.  The differences noted did relate to differences in overall nutrition,  Not hormones in the milk or meat.

This is propagated by the anti- Dairy, Anti- Meat, Anti Hormone, animal Rights people who will use any tactic to further their goals.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
sorry dan, going to civilly call your last claim hogwash.  most of us non-carcase-eaters place truth first, no matter how much those we discomfort may misrepresent us.  

boobhater, this milk/hormone stuff has been my suspicion for a good long time.  i believe the figures are that puberty in girls is now on average something like four or five years earlier than normal.  statistically, that's huge.  huge.  anyone who thinks this is coincidence i think is ignoring something really big.  i've made reference before to the fact the european union has been willing to eat $100 million a year in trade penalties as the price for not feeding their people american hormone-saturated dairy.  they did studies and found even infants developing t*ts as a result.  no matter how the dairy mega industry spins it, this is not normal.  

and as a reminder, as gine2d pointed out, those of us who do the soymilk alternative do not suffer as a result of phytoestrogens, as they are about 1/500th the influence that more standard estrogens have.  animal estrogens are now even accumulating in groundwater and may be tied to documented reductions in sperm counts in men in the western world.  sometimes explanations hide out in the open, even in the days of "modern" medicine.  

i have no problem if others disagree, but i think there's a lot more to this story than you hear on fox or nbc, i think the truth will ultimately come out, and i wish all gyne-suffering men, and we seem to be a silent, numerous many, could be spared our experience  :'(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 09:48:30 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
someone on here actually reccommended me to lay off the milk after seeing my pictures... it was about this same issue, organic

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
toronto,I've read something about "them" finding prescriptions in the water!!!scary thought... :-/
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline johnri60626

• Posting Member
i went to buy bottled water and the guy was saying that the problem with tap water (among other things), is high levels of estrogen and prozac in the water that the city does not filter....(people flushing their pills, and estrogen from stuff women flush)

no idea if it's just a sales pitch or true...i'm guessing there's some truth, anybody know?

No chance of you getting any measurable amount of any medication in your tap water, at least not any greater chance of you drinking someone else's feces or urine. The water your drink is either pumped from the aquifer (most likely), stream, or lake, and in some instances piped miles to get to your local water utility, where it will be filtered, treated, oxygenated ( and in some instances both chlorinated and floridated ) before it is pumped to the local water system where you open your tap for a glass of water.

In a lot of instances, the water you drink from the tap is at least as good, if not better, than bottled water, and tap water will have minerals remaining from the ground water, which will give it its distinct local taste (yes, water has a taste from those minerals ).

Will it contain other people's medications? No.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024