Author Topic: financing surgery on credit card(s)??? anyone ever done it? please help?  (Read 4370 times)

Offline seeking_relief

• Posting Member
Thus far ive looked into all my options for getting the surgery done as soon as possible. Im almsot 24 yrs old now, been suffering from gyne since i was 12, and believe me, its been a long enough time of suffering me. Ive tried, and still am, trying the whole work 80 hrs a week and save money thing, but with all my other bills it just doesnt seem like im getting ahead at all and its going to take 5 years to save. Ive also looked into financing my surgery though a loan, but i dont think my ps im going to finances the surgery, or the loan may also be too expensive to afford. Has anyone ever financed there whole surgery cost through a credit card, or perhaps credit cards? I was thinking after i get my credit card payed off, they'll increase the max on it a little, to maybe $3500, is it a good idea to maybe take out another credit card for $3,000 and use that and my paid off credit card to pay for the surgery? I realize it might be kind of exspensive for monthly credit card payments, but i think i could probaly afford the payments, and im completely fine with paying off the debt for the next 30 years if i have to, as long as i get rid of this fricken gyne. Has anyone at all ever done this? Pay it all with credit card? Can you even apply for a credit card that has maybe a $7,000-$8,000 balance on it if you have somewhat descent credit? What were your monthly payments if you did do this? Pleeeeaasse helllp!? :-\

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Ive also looked into financing my surgery though a loan, but i dont think my ps im going to finances the surgery, or the loan may also be too expensive to afford.

Has anyone ever financed there whole surgery cost through a credit card, or perhaps credit cards? I realize it might be kind of exspensive for monthly credit card payments, but i think i could probaly afford the payments.

Dude... if you don't think you could afford a 'personal loan', then how do you think you could afford CC payments for the same thing. CC payments/personal loan payments.... same thing my man!  ;)

Can you apply for a credit card that has maybe a $7,000-$8,000 balance on it if you have somewhat descent credit?

Most CC companies will fall over backwards to give you 'credit'. Credit is easy to get but sometimes difficult to pay off. Be careful where you step in the land of 'Credit'...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I financed part of my surgery though a personal loan.  The interest rate on this was much lower than that of a credit card.  Credit cards suck, avoid them at all cost.

I paid the loan off fast after the surgery so the whole thing only cost me about $300 more than if i had had the money up front.  However, to make this happen, the repayments were very large and I had to go without everything except the absolute basics i.e. food & shelter for a few months.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would think that anyone who would qualify for a credit card with a high enough line of credit to cover the surgery could easily get a loan to cover the surgical cost at  a much better rate than the credit card.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024