Author Topic: Surgery coming up with Dr. Caloca, Tijuana, Mexico  (Read 5973 times)

Offline temp_user

• Posting Member
I'm having my surgery scheduled for august 18th.  Hopefully you people will get to see some pics in the next 2 weeks.  Everyone doubts Dr. Caloca but I have not heard 1 bad review about his work and his revisions are free or at a small cost.

My surgery is about 2500 + meds + compression vest.  So about 2600, not too bad.  He honored his estimate even though the rates went up for plastic surgery, and I am thankful for this.  

Any objections to this?  And yes, I am well aware of the fact it is in mexico, but i'm sort on cash and this is the only way to go and I can't wait any longer.  So any tips or advice on my drive to the mexico border?   I know for a fact I am worried about getting robbed, hopefully my fighting experiences will thwart that.  

Anyway.  let me know if I should know anything.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
$2500 for a day's work in Mexico is a King's fortune. It shouldn't be difficult for him to "hold the line" on that rate. It may be "cheap" compared to US standards where you have a Health Department, Medical Board, and legal protections against fraud, harm, and malpractice... but, in the Wild West of Mexico, $2500 is actually quite high for the protections you get... which is ZERO.

Good luck to ya and let us know how it goes.

After all, even those who spin the barrell in Russian Roulette only have a 1 in 6 chance of going down.

;D

Offline temp_user

• Posting Member
Got back today.  Got the drains in and everything.  I can't wait to taken the drains and the bandage off...they are really getting annoying.  A full story will follow next weekend

Offline natasha

Do not go to Dr. Caloca if you plan on doing anything on the face! He was supposed to do a nose job for me, and take off a small hump-which was easy to do, and he messed it up. I had a very good looking nose before I went to see him, its just that I wanted the hump that I had to be smoothed down to make my profile look smooth, and flush, and yet there is still a small hump remaining. He is out to get your money, and wants you to keep coming back. I heard someone complain about $2,500-well, he charged me $6,500 for a couple different things, and everything turned out not good, and worth doing at all! I had dermabrasion too, and he was supposed to smooth out my face, and all it did was leave my face red for a few months-he didn't smooth, or or get rid of any blemishes or acne scarring on my face. I left him a voice message cussing him out..etc saying that he is the worse cosmetic surgeon in the world, and he should give me my money back, because I was better before I did the stuff with him. I strongly advise you not to go to him. After doing lots of research with the dr's in Tijuana, the only Dr. I would advise to try would be the office of Dr. Quiroz, Dr. Fuentes, and I forgot the other dr.-but, all three are in the same office. I'm pretty sure they have a couple american woman who work there, and the Dr.'s look professional, with good credentials. They got some of their degreess from the U.S.-like Univ. of Cal at Riverside..etc, and even Austrailia I think. They sent me a very nice packet of info-when I was thinking about going to them, and they charge separate for anethesia, and operating room costs-which I think is more professional-like they do in the U.S. But, their prices are comparable to the other Tijuana surgeons. Try to go to U.S. only, but if not, this would be the only office I would even think about in Mexico! And, stay away from Dr. Caloca!

Offline temp_user

• Posting Member
Heya.  I haven't had need to come back here, because i dont have gyne anymore!

Anyway, the only bad thing that happened wasn't the doctors fault.  One of my drains in my left pec got dislodged, and it caused blood to pile up.  But it's decreased since it's inception.  Dr. Caloca said it should smoothen out and look like the right side of my chest in a matter of 3 months total time.  Hell, I can wait, my right side looks PERFECT.  I knew I had a good looking chest all this time.  

So anyway, once my results come clear and i'm 100% happy i'll post my review, but so far i'm happy, I have no problems - other than the blood collection in one side, which is not so bad, basically it looks like I have gyne on one side, but it doesn't feel like it, it's just hard.  As for my right side...when my left looks like it, i'll post pics!

This is 3 weeks since my surgery.  And I recommend getting a gyne surgery to anyone.  I just can't wait till a  week from now, when I start working out.  Because after a month you can do all the regular activities you did and eventually the blood clotting will go down with exercise and movement.  So yeah ;D

And by the way, no one ever mentions to post how it sucks recovering for the first two weeks.

For the first 4 days if you have drains you WILL be a shutin , be prepared.  Then the following week don't be surprised that you still feel like crap and are unmotivated.  Trust me, be a couch potato, sleep, let yourself heal so no blood clotting occurs.

And bodybuilders, be prepared to lose weight/muscle after surgery, your appetite SUCKS for about a week and a half.  

But anyway, other than those factors, just get it done, a month of time is nothing for these results.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 12:44:30 PM by temp_user »

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Heya.  I haven't had need to come back here, because i dont have gyne anymore!

Anyway, the only bad thing that happened wasn't the doctors fault.  One of my drains in my left pec got dislodged, and it caused blood to pile up.  But it's decreased since it's inception.  Dr. Caloca said it should smoothen out and look like the right side of my chest in a matter of 3 months total time.  Hell, I can wait, my right side looks PERFECT.  I knew I had a good looking chest all this time.  

So anyway, once my results come clear and i'm 100% happy i'll post my review, but so far i'm happy, I have no problems - other than the blood collection in one side, which is not so bad, basically it looks like I have gyne on one side, but it doesn't feel like it, it's just hard.  As for my right side...when my left looks like it, i'll post pics!

This is 3 weeks since my surgery.  And I recommend getting a gyne surgery to anyone.  I just can't wait till a  week from now, when I start working out.  Because after a month you can do all the regular activities you did and eventually the blood clotting will go down with exercise and movement.  So yeah ;D

And by the way, no one ever mentions to post how it sucks recovering for the first two weeks.

For the first 4 days if you have drains you WILL be a shutin , be prepared.  Then the following week don't be surprised that you still feel like crap and are unmotivated.  Trust me, be a couch potato, sleep, let yourself heal so no blood clotting occurs.

And bodybuilders, be prepared to lose weight/muscle after surgery, your appetite SUCKS for about a week and a half.  

But anyway, other than those factors, just get it done, a month of time is nothing for these results.

temp_user,

Glad to hear about your results. That is truly awesome. The dice came up okay for you ;)

Do you have before and after pics posted?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024