Author Topic: Women's Clothing  (Read 9247 times)

Offline JoniDee

• Silver Member
My issue here is not whether I have a problem with all or any crossdressing, it is with honesty, trust, and credibility.  If people come here for advice, and they are told they should wear a bra or that they look good with a bra, and then they see you saying that wearing a bra, panties, and or women's jeans is not cross dressing, your credibility is gone.  It makes me wonder what your true motives are sometimes, is it to help guys with gyne, gas light them, or get validation for yourself?
This area of the website was created for those who have accepted their gynecomastia and want to talk about it and how estrogen has affected their body and mind. There is no "gaslighting" being done. If you do not wish to partake in or lurk, then why are you here? Go to the other areas of this website if you want to remove your breasts and "go flat".

We are here to support one another, not to challenge our fashion choices.

Love,
Joni ❤️

Offline taxmapper

There is something that developed recently with me that I am genuinely surprised at.  

I now am looking at shoes a bit more. Something I have never done. So it does make me wonder if there isnt some “pink” brain going on. 

But our society wont accept it now. 

It caught me off guard and makes me wonder what is happening to my body and brain.   Remember I am a “survivalist “ “tactical” type. 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Tax:

Sex hormones are very, very powerful behavioral influencers - and most of us know how Testosterone affects us.

Estrogen impacts women very strongly.
I know women who said, right after the birth of their first child, "I never want to do this again!".  Then, a couple of months later they're in a negligee and sweet talking their husbands.  often followed by another pregnancy!

So...when the estrogen level in a man gets elevated - in comparison to T levels - feminization of  secondary physical attributes often occurs (e.g., gynecomastia, softer muscles, smoother skin, etc.).  But this elevated estrogen can also impact us psychoemotionally.  "Pink brain" is one way of describing this effect.
Which may explain why so many men in our situation find themselves thinking and doing things usually associated with women.

I think that for most of us here, these changes take effect subtly and slowly.  (Unlike transsexuals who receive, by comparison, massive amounts of estrogen in a fairly short period of time.)

In my own case, I noticed 'feminine' reactions after 5 to 10 years on medications with antiandrogenic side effects.
But I noticed them after the changes had occurred.  I've come to realize that it wasn't me 'deciding to' change this way, but just more of the effects, side effects, of my prescriptions.  I think that as this progresses over time we not only become accustomed to them, but often get to the point of, "Ok,so what if...(I have breasts, feminine shaped hips / butt, find that 'womens' articles of clothing fit better now (all the while still very, and very comfortably, heterosexual).  In other words, just accepting what has happened.  Several guys here seem to have similar experiences (duh!?),and  have posted that they've come the point of not caring what others may think about them having  feminine ____________ (fill in the blank).

Apologies for the long post.

Be well.

Offline 42CSurprise!

This is a wonderful meditation on what is a confusing evolution.  It is rather absurd to believe we can understand what is happening when our bodies go through these changes.  Honestly, I'd really prefer not having these breasts, but I understand this is not about choice.  THIS is what is happening in my body.  I'm very grateful that I have this community of men with whom to have this conversation.  I don't pretend to understand the breasts held so proudly by the brassiere I'm wearing at the moment, but I certainly can't ignore this reality.  In fact, I'm rather smitten with these breasts.  I don't even pretend to understand it all

Confused old man

So right you guys are. Hormones are incredibly powerful. Just think back at puberty how it scrambled our teenage brains. Now I got hit with it again at the age of 60. First it was night sweats. Then came the hot flashes. And then came the severe mood swings. That’s when I decide it was time to see a doctor. So now 4 years later my mood has evened out. Still some periods of a little rage but controllable now. Hot flashed are there but not as bad. Night sweats pretty much gone. But what it left me was boobs and a big butt...lol.sitting for long periods of time use to bother me. Not anymore..lots of padding now...so yes to women’s jeans. They fit. Some men’s jeans fit in the butt but to get that I have to get the waist size up and then they are loose at the waist. The women’s jeans I buy are cut so the waist fits and they flare out from there to accommodate my butt and thighs. It’s a no brainer. If your body changes, ya gotta go with what fits. And just because it’s marked women’s or men’s makes no difference at all. Just clothes that fit and Are comfortable. Believe me I had a hard time with it all to begin with. Thank goodness for my wife that led me in the direction of clothing that worked for me. Like she said men when they get older get skinny legs and flat butts. I have chunky thighs and a big butt now. She says ya gotta love that...lol

aboywithgirls

We are all individuals here. We all have had our mammary glands stimulated by elevated levels of estrogen. This is something that we can see. We can also see how some of our hips, thighs, and bottom develope with estrogen and progesterone. 

What we can't see is how the same female hormones impact our brains. The pink brain and pink fog is how some have chosen to describe it. It feminizes our brain like it does our bodies. For example, I can say that even being raised male (sort of anyway 😉), I am much more emotional than my wife. I am more apt to cry at a sappy movie scene than my wife. I'm also much more likely to wear a skirt or dress to work than my wife. Maybe it's just my style vs. hers. Maybe it's because I've only been living full-time as a woman for a few years and it's still relatively new to me. 

I still feel that we are all different and have had estrogen effect us in different ways physical, emotional, and decision making. I think that based on my own experiences, and maybe being exposed to it as  young as I was may have destined my transition to womanhood. 

Love you guys 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Sophie ❤️❣️

Offline taxmapper

To assume that the hormones that are causing our boobies wont affect our brains is folly. 

Of course they will. 

But its a bit off to think that you would not have caught me dead two years ago looking at shoes other than anything black, boxy and tactical. 
Now I see fashions and shape and style. 
Both men's and women's. 
mannerisms and even modes of thought in general have altered.   its an odd sensation to say the least. some may not be affected by it, others will.  
I fall into the latter. 

Offline 42CSurprise!

Folks here know that I don't wear a brassiere all day, every day, as some participants do.  I don't have back problems or sensitive nipples that make wearing a brassiere necessary for comfort.  But this morning the thought crossed my mind as I meditated on the sofa that it would be comforting to put on a brassiere as I launched my day. 

I watched an old video on YouTube last evening... an interview with Dustin Hoffman Inside the Actor's Studio.  It was a wonderful show about his amazing career.  He was quite emotional at different points in the interview.  Eventually they came to Tootsie, a movie about a struggling actor who chose to present himself as a woman in the hopes of getting work.  He spoke about development of the movie which came out of a conversation he was having over dinner with the man who became the director.  There were family members present and they'd been drinking a bit of wine when the director said to Dustin's father... "there's a woman inside you..."  The father resisted the idea but it stayed with Dustin who brought the subject back to his friend... and the movie was created.

I reflected on the "woman inside me" and could hardly argue with that possibility given my affection for putting on a brassiere and admiring MY breasts.  So I decided this morning to give my inner woman some quality time with her favorite brassiere.  She appreciates the consideration... 8)::)  I'm not going to pretend that there isn't a part of me that enjoys the whole journey... breasts, brassieres, women's clothing... and other men talking about it.  I think this inner woman first appeared as a teenager and she's been with me the whole journey.  She's always loved putting on a brassiere... now she has breasts to FILL the brassiere.  She is doubly happy!

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I reflected on the "woman inside me" and could hardly argue with that possibility given my affection for putting on a brassiere and admiring MY breasts.  So I decided this morning to give my inner woman some quality time with her favorite brassiere.  She appreciates the consideration... 8)::)  I'm not going to pretend that there isn't a part of me that enjoys the whole journey... breasts, brassieres, women's clothing... and other men talking about it.  I think this inner woman first appeared as a teenager and she's been with me the whole journey.  She's always loved putting on a brassiere... now she has breasts to FILL the brassiere.  She is doubly happy!
I've been mulling over how to reply to this. The whole subject of what you commonly term as 'hormone stew' has been well covered in recent times, as well as 'pink brain', but I don't think the combined subject has run its course yet. I hope I can do this subject justice.

The inner woman is a deeply personal thing. Some of us experience it, and from that, some of us embrace it and some of us reject it. Or should I say her. Some of us have known she was there since teenage years, or even before, and some of us have not known she was there until much later. Some of us have always known she was there but denied her existence and only embrace her now because of their breasts. Or for other reasons. Some of us don't experience her at all, and wear a bra for utilitarian purposes only. Nothing wrong with that. Or any of those scenarios.

I'm only theorizing, but I think that some people only focus on the differences between men and women and conclude that they are poles apart and the lines cannot possibly be blurred, as in binary. Others know that the only difference is a flukey chromosome at conception and that the differences are in essence, trifling. Which brings into question gender identity. Which is a stupid question, really, because it plays to the stereotypical norms of the physical bits you were born with.

[soapbox] Too many people in the world still can't see the difference between sex and gender. In fact it's a lot more nuanced than that. I agree that there are two main genders, based on what is assigned at birth, but in reality who can say what % male and female we actually are? Am I 99% male or 51% male? Maybe John Wayne was only 1% more male than actors eagerly playing female roles, Dustin Hoffman/Robin Williams/John Travolta? Does it matter? Maybe non-binary is the norm and not the exception?

Point is, we all go through life doing the best that we can. If part of that includes feeling good about how we deal with our inner self, regardless what form he/she takes, who cares what that actually involves? 42C, keep wearing your favorite brassiere if it makes you feel good. We should all take a lesson from you; do what feels good, regardless! Five million shades of gray! [/soapbox]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 06:57:24 AM by Aussie63 »

Confused old man

My doctor, my wife and myself all decided that going on TRT was probably not a good idea for me. So I’m going to live with my imbalance. My doctor told me to buckle up because I was in for a wild emotional and physical ride. And he was right. The journey has been interesting and a little wild and crazy. But with the support of my family and the conversation in this forum with others going through it, it has eased the emotional pain. I’m glad I found this forum. And the reason I game here in the first place because I was considering surgery.

Offline taxmapper

I have to admit though that the "pink brain" thing may be a bit bigger than i thought. 

As time progresses I am starting to look more and more at things from a "different perspective' including politics, food, clothing, outlook, etc. 

I am feeling subtle yet obvious changes.  

Its odd! 

Offline Johndoe1

While I do think there is something to the "Pink Brain" theory, I am also a believer that as you age and have life experiences, that shapes you more than a "Pink Brain". For those of us who deal with gynecomastia and wear bras, we have a more feminine like experience because we deal with many of the same problems women do with their breasts and bras. That, too, shapes our experiences and views on life. I don't think it is abnormal to wonder what "if" if you are already doing something. In my own case, I have found that wearing a layering top over my bra helps smooth any lines under my regular top. It also adds comfort in cold as well as warm weather. I tried many different men's undershirts and didn't find anything that worked due to bulk, heat, other things. A friend suggested I try a woman's layering top since it's designed for that. I was not excited about the thought, but decided to at least try it. The difference was night and day from what I had experienced with men's undershirts. I then ventured into trying cami's for summer and found they worked very well as layering tops, smoothing out the lines but keeping my skin cool under cotton polo tops. I also will wear women's tops on occasion if the cut and color is masculine to give more room in the bust. It's a purely comfort thing being DD/DDD in size since I get tired of feeling the fabric pulled across my breasts and constantly adjusting the top. Sometimes practicality just wins the day.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Orb

I'm with Johndoe1 on this one. 

There are many forces at work here forming our thoughts and behaviors.  A vast array of hormones and societal pressures are at play also.  Age again shapes our thoughts and level of acceptance and or denial in this case. As stated, life experience's are a leading force and factor.

A kind of history buff here.  Just read an article about women dressing as men to fight in the civil war.  Today women wear trousers to serve without question.  Point?  Perhaps the answer is right in front of us and we are two dim to see it.  Be you.  Live, live with purpose without shame. Be the individual you are.  Being true to self is the end game friends.  

Confused old man

So if you took a sharpie and marked out women’s and wrote in men’s. Would that make a difference. If a tree fell in the forest and no one is around, does it make a noise?.. i wear lee women’s 100% cotton relaxed fit jeans everyday. You can’t tell the difference between those and men’s. The zipper might be a half inch shorter is all. But the fit is so much better then men’s now. Belief me I have tried them all and probably own them all. If your body changes you have to go with what fits. My wife doesn’t wear the same clothes as 40 years ago. We all change. Emotionally and physically as we age. Some more severe then others. So we need to wear what works for us. This forum is so diverse. I love it. From I’m gettin these things cutoff to ya I can live with them. We are all different, so enjoy that. I enjoy hearing people’s stories and adventures. If we were all the same the world would be a very boring place😃

aboywithgirls

Hi Guys 🤗🥰😍

It truly does warm my heart to read about soooooo much positivity here ❣️ 

We all are who we areand all deserve to be comfortable and happy 🥰🤗❣️ Three years ago, I could never imagine being who I am today. I also would never have imagined having the support that everyone has shown me. 

It also makes me feel less alone knowing that I was not the only one who found that there were more clothing options for me in the women's department besides the basic sports bra. Now granted, not all who have gynecomastia even choose to wear a bra and that's ok. We just shouldn't limit our options because an article of clothing that we like and that fits happens to be displayed in ladies department or a women's clothing store. 

Please be you, please be kind, and please be happy 🤗🥰😍❤️😄❤️

Love,
Sophie ❤️

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024