Author Topic: My experience thus far..  (Read 10320 times)

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Had surgery about 3 weeks ago. Initially it looked as though the surgery was a success and my chest was flat and the contour was excellent. It is now week 3 and it appears to have swelled up quite a bit. It almost looked as if nothing had been done although now my chest just seems to protrude and not the nipple. Is this normal to have this much swelling? Also have what looks like a blood clot on the left nipple. I was supposed to go for my third visit after surgery today, but the Dr is in the hospital and I wont be able to see him until Friday. There also seems to be very dense tissue beneath the nipples on both sides, more so on the right. Is this normal? some one  mentioned this is associated with scarring and inflamation, is this true? I will be posting before and after pics as soon as I get the chance. Any information regarding what I should look like 3 weeks post op would be appreciated. If it's a botched operation I will be exposing the Dr and I will save up and travel to one of the more skilled doctors like Dr. Bermant in NY.

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Hi!

I am 4 weeks post op, and have the same symptoms like yours. It is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. I've noticed people here sharing the same experience.

The dense tissues are usually numb, and when you touch your chest, there's a sore feeling, right?

It takes around 2 months for the swelling to minimize.

Cheers!
Surgery on 8th July 2008 under Dr. Deepak KL @ Apollo - Bangalore, India.
Liposuction + Gland excision. Cost - US$ 775 (Rs. 32,200 INR)
Details: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14938.0
***Recovering***

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Hi!

I am 4 weeks post op, and have the same symptoms like yours. It is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. I've noticed people here sharing the same experience.

The dense tissues are usually numb, and when you touch your chest, there's a sore feeling, right?

It takes around 2 months for the swelling to minimize.

Cheers!

Yeah the dense masses feel sore to the touch, it's good to hear others share the same experience.  I certainly hope there are no complications. The doctor had a portfolio with previous operations before and after pics, my concern  was that many of the men he operated on where severely over weight. I was around 12% bodyfat post op, so my concern was that he had not had experience with leaner individuals. I hope it's all just in my head...

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
True mate.. It's a surgery dude, so obviously there will be some discomfort for a few weeks. It takes its own time to heal completely.

Waiting for your pics buddy...

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Went to the Dr today only to find out he was in the hospital for a slip and fall. Spoke to the nurse who claimed the red spot that bled on my left nipple was just an in grown hair. To me it looks like a complete tear in the along the line of suture. But we will wait til tomorrow to speak to the Dr and ask him what we should do. As for the density I was told it is a combination of scar tissue and inflamation, and it should subside with a month or two. I was instructed by the nurse to massage the dense area softly for 30 minutes each day beggining next week. She said this will help reduce inflamation and assist in the healing process. I really took a dive doing this surgery, cause 5 days after having it done I lost my job, so now I am unemployed with a 4300 dollars on a credit card. Not a nice position to be in... living of a pathetic 300 dollars of monthly unemployment compensation. I will hopefully start school aug 28 but who knows if I'll have the money. Anyway haven't put up picks yet since it's all bloody on one side, going to give it another week and then we will have pre op picks and one month later picks. I really hope this turns out as I expected, I don't mind the financial pit fall as long as my chest is looking good and I can hit the gym again. I can't stand this sedentary life style I'm used to going to the gym 3-4 times a week and lifting heavy. I was terrified to hear I can't lift heavy for 3 months... Anyway I'll keep everyone posted. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Also forgot to ask, I've heard some people mention tubes to have fluid removed? I didn't have any tubes, but there was a lot of fluid that leaked out from my chest. Are the tubes absolutely necessary for the best results? Man I'm still tripping out about this shit I just want it to be over with. The Dr keeps saying it looks great, but it's still so swollen..

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
three months in scale with the rest of your life is nothing, dude.  and the doc might be okay with moderate exercise progressively before then.  but not worth the risk of pushing it and screwing the expensive work up. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Hi Cube,

as headheldhigh01 says, you can still start with light exercises in another 2-3 weeks (ask your doc) and progressively increase the intensity according to your comfort. Don't exert yourself against the pain, as it could strain your chest and can affect healing.

Reg. the tubes, yes, i had the drains attached to my both chest for about 3 days to collect the liquid, and believe me, about 600 ml of that liquid was drained in that 3 day time!! Doc said it would help eliminate the toxic buildup and minimise post op swelling and promote healing. It did!

But it depends upon case... Mine was comparatively large gyne, so i needed it. For smaller cases, it might not be needed at all.

Please consult your doctor if you can take antioxidants, Multivitamin and zinc as i heard it can help to reduce inflammation and promote healing.

Offline cube

• Posting Member
three months in scale with the rest of your life is nothing, dude.  and the doc might be okay with moderate exercise progressively before then.  but not worth the risk of pushing it and screwing the expensive work up. 

Yeah your right, starting next week I'm getting on the stepper and doing cardio to keep the fat down. I'll begin light lifting that doesn't directly impact the chest. I agree with the statement in your signature about "mild gyne." The Dr told me mine was a 4 out of 10 in terms of extremity. But it wasn't any less noticeable to me, especially the more weight I would lose.

Offline cube

• Posting Member
At this point my chest actually looks about the same or worse than it did before. The swelling and dense scar tissue seem to have increased and become more pronounced. It is exactly week 4 today, I was told it would only get worse before it gets better by the doctor. Has anyone had a similar experience, I'm wondering if there is any way to try and keep the swelling down? Anyway I'll post picks later this week so you can see the progress or lack thereof. Would be nice if Dr. Bermant made a comment regarding the post op healing process, as I would probably visit him later on if it continues to be a problem after the healing.

DrBermant

At this point my chest actually looks about the same or worse than it did before. The swelling and dense scar tissue seem to have increased and become more pronounced. It is exactly week 4 today, I was told it would only get worse before it gets better by the doctor. Has anyone had a similar experience, I'm wondering if there is any way to try and keep the swelling down? Anyway I'll post picks later this week so you can see the progress or lack thereof. Would be nice if Dr. Bermant made a comment regarding the post op healing process, as I would probably visit him later on if it continues to be a problem after the healing.

Healing After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, what techniques are used, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and many other factors.  For my patients

The best way to minimize swelling is by prevention and surgical skill. Typical Bruising and Swelling for my Gynecomastia Surgery can be seen in this photo gallery.  Peak swelling for my patients is normally the day of surgery.  That is one of the major contributions to my patients' Comfort after Gynecomastia Surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline cube

• Posting Member

Healing After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, what techniques are used, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and many other factors.  For my patients

The best way to minimize swelling is by prevention and surgical skill. Typical Bruising and Swelling for my Gynecomastia Surgery can be seen in this photo gallery.  Peak swelling for my patients is normally the day of surgery.  That is one of the major contributions to my patients' Comfort after Gynecomastia Surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Surgery

First of all thank you for your reply Dr Bermant, this does answer most of my questions and unfortunately confirms my suspicions. As far as I can tell this is a botched operation and I'm curious as to what I should do next to atleast lessen the damage done. I thought I would be free of this problem and be able to move on with my life, but that doesnt seem to be the case. I am wondering if I should ask for specific details of the procedure such as amount of tissue removed, length of the operation, and a detailed break down of the procedure. Will this help in the future if I where to visit your office? Also are there any additional questions I should be asking the doctor? Thank you again Dr. Bermant.

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Pics as promised, really poor quality but I think you get the point. After pics are exactly 7 weeks aftersurgery. Your brutal opinion is preffered, if anybody has pics of what it should look like after 7 weeks do share. I still don't understand if this is just inflamation because my chest was really, really flat directly after surgery. Unfortunately after the third week it started to balloon. Also when it's hot my nips seem to protrude ever more so than they did before, couldn't get a pick of that here. Tripping out at the fact that I paid 5000 for a complete darn up. Not a pretty sight... :-[

Before

After

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:09:22 AM by cube »

Offline ~Mr.x~

• Posting Member
tbh i really cant see a HUGE difference in the before and after pics  :-\

maybe they just made a gland excision with no lipo?
either way, I would be pretty pissed off if that was the end result of 5g's  :-\

Sorry to be harsh, but you asked for an honest opinion.

~><~

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Yeah looks like I just got sliced up and they didnt do anything. Going to the Doc tomorrow we will see what he says about the whole situation. Even if it is a botched operation and he offered a revision, I don't think I would want him coming at me with a scalpel again. It feels as though he did remove the gland, although I'm not sure what else he did. This really sucks by the way, extreme waste of time and money.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024