Author Topic: Question about hiding gyne and airport..  (Read 2569 times)

Offline blindelation

• Posting Member
I've been using medical tape to hide my gyna for about 2 years now.. if I wear that to go on an airplane will security stop me or anything thinking I have something taped to my body?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I don't think they actually x-ray through your clothing as you go by.  That being said I would hesitate to wear compression vest that has the hooks and zipper on it.  The metal detection is pretty sensitive these days.  If you set it off, they will do what it takes to find out what is doing it.  I've only seen x-ray used on bags and small items when they go through on the conveyer belt thingy. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline blindelation

• Posting Member
So they don't use the x-ray for people walking through to get on? Just metal detector? Also don't they do pat downs now? LOL I haven't flown since the week before 911

Offline Mr_Nip

...Also don't they do pat downs now? ...

They do if you set off the detector and can't immediately find the reason.  Ask me how I know.   :-[

Offline Mr_Nip

how do you know! :P

I went through airport security wearing cargo pants with metal grommets all over them and also happened to have zip-off legs.

In hindsight, I don't recommend it.   :P

Offline blindelation

• Posting Member
im just gonna wear shorts and a tee shirt that doesnt have any metal on it and flip flops.. maybe jeans. lol

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
My compression vest had no metal and i had no problems going thru  the airport but i was a lil worried about it....lol

Offline realist85

• Posting Member
How long after surgery do we have to wear the vest? I'm scheduled for April 12 but am going backpacking in Europe on June 10.

Offline Mr_Nip

How long after surgery do we have to wear the vest? I'm scheduled for April 12 but am going backpacking in Europe on June 10.

That's two months, so I'd say your chances are real good you'll be out of it by then.  If not, you could probably get by with a compression t-shirt to control any lingering swelling. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024