Author Topic: The right bra for the job!  (Read 4250 times)

aboywithgirls

I just wanted to make clear that I was not offended in anyway. 
My PCP(male) and my endocrinologist  (female) both recommend that I wear a bra. Neither will comment on what I should wear for a bra, only that I should limit how much I wear a compression style sports bra because of how it could effect the lymph nodes under my arms and cause future problems. 
I simply wear a bra that fits and does what I need it to. Sometimes I need a white one and sometimes I need a black one sometimes molded cup is better when it's cold and sheer or lace is better when it's hot.
My only point is that that being guys doesn't mean we have to suffer in just a couple of different bras. Women have already been in most of the situations we will find ourselves in. 

steven618

i can agree with that. thanks for not being offended, i know often times text having no emotional context to it can come off entirely differently than it is written. Thanks for clarifying too. I can agree with lace being more breathable being in st louis, it's 106 here today not including heat index...i can only imagine being active outside or running around a lot errands etc in a normal bra how hot that can get on the chest. And same for other bras mentioned for various seasonal temperaments. Did your dr's legitimately suggest a bra or vest and you opted for other ideas? Just being a man it intrigues me that a dr would immediately recommed bras. But if i could get my dr to recommend one it would be such a relief in approaching the discussion with my wife. I only wear barely there and playtex style tank top bras that are comfort bras and virtually undetectable i have a few regular for aorund the house (we work opposite schedules so its nice to be able to wear without fear) and a couple cami bras for when i go out and about and don't want the snug fit of the comfort bras. But they are all neutral, all virtually undetectable, all very very non feminine in style color projection etc....she's insanely open minded i just worry too much maybe. I don't have C Cups or anything that makes you go wow he has breasts so maybe that's why but idk the bouncing and sheer volume alone of my almost b cups gets a bit uncomfortable after awhlie it would be nice to just be able to wear one and not have any F's given about it from others. I often want to just wear them and go about my business cause i doubt she'd even know jut worry about the bedroom and seeing the strap lines once the shirt comes off 

i really need ot learn to not ramble so much on here. sorry but appreciate the talk lol

aboywithgirls

I have been wearing for almost 30 years. My current PCP and Endocrinologist I've had for about 10 years. I was wearing a bra when I first started with each and they both asked me about it.  They said the same thing. I could either wear or not wear a bra. I was my choice.  They did say because I have been wearing for 20 years, that  the coopers ligaments within my breasts may not be strong enough to support my breasts and that I may become uncomfortable. I just said that I would go with what I know. I've worn a bra through puberty and all of my adult life. It is my choice. I don't expect that most men would choose the same path. It has to be your choice. I had the hardest time with comfort VS. Concealment. Example:  A compression style sports bra does a great job concealing but and underwire molded cup  is very comfortable. A compression style sports bra is not only uncomfortable but also unhealthy if you wear it to often. While an underwire molded lifts, supports and separate the breasts making them appear more prominent. 

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Good reply Hammer!  I do not believe in main stream church either, the  pastors just wants your money so they can have a Cadillac and a house better than yours.  While giving little back to the community except through the church members bring food for the needy again with their own money while the church hold on the money you give to them. 
As for compression hose I wear 20/30 .  And like you said I was told to get them from a female PA. I had to buy them my self and they ain't cheap
They are finally expanding the VA facilities here but when I retired the only  VA hospital around here was 30 miles away and you could die of old age before you got an appointment. 
When I retired I got hired by a company that had their own health pan so I found my own doctor and have been with him ever since.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

hammer

Good reply Hammer!  I do not believe in main stream church either, the  pastors just wants your money so they can have a Cadillac and a house better than yours.  While giving little back to the community except through the church members bring food for the needy again with their own money while the church hold on the money you give to them.
As for compression hose I wear 20/30 .  And like you said I was told to get them from a female PA. I had to buy them my self and they ain't cheap
They are finally expanding the VA facilities here but when I retired the only  VA hospital around here was 30 miles away and you could die of old age before you got an appointment.
When I retired I got hired by a company that had their own health pan so I found my own doctor and have been with him ever since.

Did you know that once you do get into the VA, or one of their clinics you can usually get appointments faster and if you have to travel any distances you get travel pay and it's not bad as today standards go! I'm not exactly sure what it is right now because I don't collect it as I only live 7 miles from the Minneapolis VA hospital.

If you get things like the support hose from there you will have a zero cost. As a service connected disabled vet my total yearly out of pocket expenses are $700.00 prescription copay only! All other cost, wheelchair, surgeries, wheelchair ramp and any other goods 100% covered! It might be worth your time to get set up in the VA system!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:44:56 AM by hammer »

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
I have heard that they are a VA clinic out hear in Chesapeake and if they do I'll try it.  My cardio, NP gave me a prescription for then but none of the store around here would honor my Tricare for Life or Medicare, they only took Anthem Blue Shield.  So I have to go online to get them and like you said they AIN'T CHEAP!

hammer

I have heard that they are a VA clinic out hear in Chesapeake and if they do I'll try it.  My cardio, NP gave me a prescription for then but none of the store around here would honor my Tricare for Life or Medicare, they only took Anthem Blue Shield.  So I have to go online to get them and like you said they AIN'T CHEAP!

I am not sure how it would work for you,  but I had the last back surgery outside the VA through Vets Choice, so I had to take any script to my VA primary care doctor to get it filled at the VA which was a requirement to be covered by Vets Choice. This was for any script after the original prescribed after the first couple days after I was released from the hospital that did the surgery, which was the university of Minnesota.

It's worth a look see for you as you said the support hose are expensive, and I don't know how your hearing is, but the VA is really great about taking care of us with hearing aids!

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
I have had back surgery too but it was minor thanks to the new doctor I chose.  The other one wanted to rip my back open and replace disk and install rods and I was not going for it.  I dropped him like a hot potato,  The older doctor I chose did a simple procedure in an out patient clinic and I was back on my feet the same day, just needed the wife to drive me home.

hammer

I have had back surgery too but it was minor thanks to the new doctor I chose.  The other one wanted to rip my back open and replace disk and install rods and I was not going for it.  I dropped him like a hot potato,  The older doctor I chose did a simple procedure in an out patient clinic and I was back on my feet the same day, just needed the wife to drive me home.

My 1st 3 were the big type fusion surgeries with rods and screws, and I agreed that they were needed as my back was a mess! This last one was a in and out bulges disk and I up and out of bed in no time and feel great now! However, I still can't walk or stand because of other spine issues and neuropathy!

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Sorry to hear the Hammer!  My surgery was easy and I was up and about in no time but now I have problems doing things like racking the yard, and the rototilling of the three 4x8 garden boxes today almost killed me.  I have and attachment on my Toro that allows me to attach the tiller and darn it as heavier as I get older,  But despite the pain I got it done and after an hours rest I was able to go back and rack it smooth so tomorrow I can go out and plant the garden.  But I am totally shot now and don't even want to move.  But I will get over it and get the job done tomorrow,  Then I will complain again and get over it,  Like they say "getting old ain't for the weak".

hammer

It is guys like us that don't let little things like having breast or even back pain stop us, slow us down but not stop us!

With the help of a fellow  former HT2, we are installing a walk in bathtub in my main floor bathroom. He is doing the heavy work, and the down on the knees  work being that I have prosthetic knees, but I will finish the build in of the walls once the plumbing is done. The tub is 49 inches replacing a 60 inch cast iron tub and I was a master carpenter so the walls will be no problem, just take me time being I move slow, lol.

We might be old and we might be slow, but we are unstoppable!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:20:00 AM by hammer »

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Hammer, I agree completely!  Yesterday I rototilled the garden and it liked to kill my back but I pushed through the pain and got it done.  Then I took a 1/2 hour break and racked it smooth so I can plant it today.  Not moving as fast as I used to but still moving.  Just take me a little more time to get some jobs done.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024