Author Topic: Sizing?  (Read 7805 times)

hammer

Was she envious? 

aboywithgirls

While she was joking, I think that she was a little jealous of my boobs  She did compliment me on the fit.
I had worked with the SA before and had fitted me in the past. There were no other shoppers in the store and the SA asked me if I minded if the manager came in and checked the fit. She was definitely surprised (by the look on her face). She did remain very professional. 
I highly recommend Torrid for both their bras and customer service. 

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
ABWG, does Torrid carry bras with large bands and smaller cups? I noticed that there is one not far from me. I had never heard of them before I read some of your posts. I wear 38B with an extender and probably 40A or possibly B without. I'm thinking of going in for a fitting since you say they're friendly toward men.

aboywithgirls

They actually had quite a selection in the 40 band. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised by their bras and the staff. 

hammer

I Google them here in the twin cities and it looked like they are carried by a variety of stores here. I think I'm going to wait awhile before buying any new bras however! I've lost 20 pounds since I went on that victoza for my diabetes, and it has helped me drop my other insulin use off dramatically too! So I'm just going to wait and see where this weight loss goes from here. Of course if it gets to the point where my existing bras don't work, I'll need to do something.

aboywithgirls

Congratulations on the insulin reduction and weight loss!
I hope that you get a chance to try Torrid bras. I'm sure that you with be wondering why you hadn't tried them earlier.  I know that I was. 

hammer

Congratulations on the insulin reduction and weight loss!
I hope that you get a chance to try Torrid bras. I'm sure that you with be wondering why you hadn't tried them earlier.  I know that I was.

Thanks!
If things continue to go the way I hope they do I'll have to try a lot of new clothes!

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Hammer you are going down when I am going up.  Just shifted to a 38B/36C.   as for sister sizing I do not believe I could get into a 34 D if I tried.  I would need extender to stretch the band out.  The 38 B bras I have recently bought from Ambrielle fit me fine and the band is great.  I am a 37 1/2 band last time I was measured and these feel fine.  can't say as much for the SAs at Pennies.  She found the bras I wanted once I explained clearly what it was that I wanted , underwire pushup bras. She directed me to the rack that ahs them.  I found one on the rack and she found another but when I ask to try them on she insisted that I had to go to the men's fitting room upstairs.  Upset but I took them up there and tried them on.  the first one was fine but the second one was a loose fit.  When it took off the loose fit that she picked out I discovered it was a 38 D.  Funny thing was I almost fit it,  But by then I was so pissed off that I took them both back, even though they were buy one get one free.  They next day I had to go past their so I went in again and found 2 38B bras and never asked if I could use the women's changing room I just walked in and tried them both on.  I left some woman un happy that I was in a changing room she wanted and she was more confused when I walled out with two bras, which I bought this time.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

hammer

Chief, I've been working very hard for the last 25-30 years ever since I had to start using insulin to control my blood sugar! My doctor said that I would put on 100 lbs when I went on the insulin,  but I did get the sugars under control, and several years ago I dropped 35 pounds using the Atkins diet but hit a brick wall after that! I would lose 10 put it back on, drop 5, put it back on, drop 10 so on and so fort!

Now I can feel the difference this time in how I eat, the loss in appetite and feeling full and no need to eat or have snacks! So maybe this time I'll be able to take it all the way! You know as well as I do that when we get to our age it gets harder to take off!

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
ABWG, thanks for the info. I think I'll go check them out shortly. Maybe even tomorrow since I have to be over that way anyway.

Hammer, congrats on switching to Victoza. I tried it a few years back, but it made me sick at my stomach, so I'm still using Lantus and Novalog. Congratulations on the weight loss, too. That helps blood sugar levels a lot, too.

hammer

ABWG, thanks for the info. I think I'll go check them out shortly. Maybe even tomorrow since I have to be over that way anyway.

Hammer, congrats on switching to Victoza. I tried it a few years back, but it made me sick at my stomach, so I'm still using Lantus and Novalog. Congratulations on the weight loss, too. That helps blood sugar levels a lot, too.

Thanks Chesty, I'm still using novilog (N) and (R) but I'm playing a cat and mouse game of getting my body adjusting to the new amounts! I used to use much more but the way victoza works I'm not supposed to use as much of the insulin anymore as it will confuse my body, but it takes time for it to self regulate I guess cause I'm running a little bit high lately and I'm not supposed to self regulate the R as much as I used too! Hopefully the sugars will come down soon! I'm used to keeping them between 80 and 150 as a high and once and a while I do have lows, but I've been having 170's the last few days! I know that others have less control then that, but I pride myself on good control!

aboywithgirls

I hope you're able to continue to shed the weight you want to as well. 
I was doing well with it and went down a cup size and a band size as well (that's actually 2 cup sizes, or so I thought). It was more dependent on the bra maker. I lost in the band but very little change in my cup volume. However I have heard that weight loss and boob loss are not the same for everyone but, I hope that you are able to lose a couple cup sizes.

hammer

I hope you're able to continue to shed the weight you want to as well.
I was doing well with it and went down a cup size and a band size as well (that's actually 2 cup sizes, or so I thought). It was more dependent on the bra maker. I lost in the band but very little change in my cup volume. However I have heard that weight loss and boob loss are not the same for everyone but, I hope that you are able to lose a couple cup sizes.

Thankyou, and congratulations to you as well!
I'm feeling the loss in my band area already as I need to move to the next hook, or I should but as I've said many times I don't like tight stuff, so now my bras are lose so I like the fit more, lol!

At 60 the weight loss isn't easy, but I'm very excited about it! Probably even more excited then I am to to use that new ATV to plow snow this year, lol. I told Debbie that if she sees me plowing snow back on the driveway, don't be alarmed that I lost my mind, I just like to plow snow! She said, " then just go do one of our neighbors like you did when you had the bobcat"!

Offline blad

I have been more relaxed and confident shopping now that I am straight forward and admit to the SA that I am looking for a bra for me. I have always had a good reaction and helpful assistance so far. No more trying to hide in the corners.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Johndoe1

Congratulations Hammer! I recently lost a lot of weight and was able to stop several meds as well. It sure feels good to not take as many meds.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024