Author Topic: Sizing?  (Read 7806 times)

hammer

I have been more relaxed and confident shopping now that I am straight forward and admit to the SA that I am looking for a bra for me. I have always had a good reaction and helpful assistance so far. No more trying to hide in the corners.

Good for you! Congratulations on your progress with acceptance!

aboywithgirls

I had just posted something about this under "who cares" under acceptance. 
I'm the same.
No shame, no embarrassment. I'm just a guy with I nice rack and a nice rack needs a nice bra. Any woman would be happy to have a pair of breasts like mine. Just because we're guys shouldn't automatically disqualify us from bra shopping. 
I've accepted them as my own and part of that acceptance is wearing my bra. 
No shame, just a guy with boobs.

Offline chaos_agent

• Posting Member
  • rolling with the punches
I don't have the courage for a professional fitting, maybe someday , probly gonna end up with a few bras around that don't fit , thru trial and error me and the wife will find what works,thanks again guys

This is where i’m at. and i still feel very embarrassed looking at bras at stores. it feels like every woman in the store is looking at me. i’ve bought 3 bras at 24hr  walmart at 6am. off the clearance rack. using the self checkout. one doesn’t fit and i’m trying to get courage to get refund. the other are “you get what you pay for”. need to get a real sports bra. may get my wife to buy it or order online from a store that does easy returns. someday i’ll bite the bullit and get fitted.

aboywithgirls

I think that like anything else, there are different levels of acceptance. Every level is a platform to get to the next. There's no need to rush it. Take your time. 
I just try to tell others the reality verses what we perceive. I've discovered over the years that there are alot more of us buying, getting fitted, and wearing bras. The places that I shop at all have many other men who shop there for bras. We  and the stores all do a very good job at keeping it discreet. 

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Hammer, I hope you keeps the weight loss. At 70 I am slowly loosing weight but don't now why. But at least it is gradual and not sudden,  That would worry me.  But even with the weight loose my bust size id gaining.,  Gyno. is a strange master of my life.  My waist keeps shrinking but my gut doesn't seem to be moving much.  I am a confused person.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

hammer

Hammer, I hope you keeps the weight loss. At 70 I am slowly loosing weight but don't now why. But at least it is gradual and not sudden,  That would worry me.  But even with the weight loose my bust size id gaining.,  Gyno. is a strange master of my life.  My waist keeps shrinking but my gut doesn't seem to be moving much.  I am a confused person.

Thanks Chief, but you are right the slow and steady way is the best as it will stay off! I've also heard here many time here over the years on the forum that as guys have lost the weight their breast seem to have gotten larger as well! I sure the hell hope mine don't they are large enough as it is, lol!

I think I'm losing about 1 to 2 lbs every week to week and a half!

Offline SideSet

Athena, that is great about the weight loss, but bust getting bigger, or at a minimum bigger in comparison.  You will end up with a really nice figure.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Sideset;  If you are right I will pass for a female in about a year.  LOL

Offline Johndoe1

I am definitely seeing that myself. As I loose my gut, the chest is looking more feminine all the time but the volume of tissue is remaining the same giving the appearance that I am growing even though the band is reducing. In a women's top, my chest looks quite feminine now.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline chaos_agent

• Posting Member
  • rolling with the punches
so far not for me. i’m 38b. sister size is 36C. the c cups fit nice and feel good but the band is too tight. but i’m just entering this new confusing world of bra shopping.

aboywithgirls

I know that I sound like a broken record but, I can't recommend it enough to go get fitted by a professional bra fitter. It is  very common or at least more common than we think for a man to need and get fitted for a bra. Most of the fitters that I've encountered in the past decade have fit several men several times. As a matter of fact, one boutique estimated that 5 % of there customers that request a full measurement and fitting are males with actual breast tissue to support. 
I don't think that 5 % of their sales are to men but, I think that many of us developed breasts in our 30s ,40s, and 50s and don't know where to start with the right size so they seek professional help. I'm a slightly different case. I started developing breasts when I was 10. By the time I was 13, I started wearing a bra and by 16 I was in a 34C,  professionally fitted. So I grew up with my boobs and I still try to get fitted for my bras. I've had times where I'll try on 10-20 bras before I find one that truly fits.

hammer

I'll second ABWG's! As someone who has been dealing with bras since the mid 1990's I've found that the only way to buy a bra is go get the fitting!

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
chaos_agent;  I have done exactly the same thing and have taken the bra back and simple said I bought the wife the wrong size.  End of story.  They give me my refund and I am out of the store.  Unless I want to try again.

Offline Rusko

• Posting Member
You can't go to walmart there fits are all over the place go to a good company I use  Torrid there sizing is  very true many  styles  I think there sizing goes down to 36b and up they will help you very nice to work with

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
I went to my new cardiologist today and showed him my gynecomastia but I had a lace bra on for modesty and the fact that it was cold out side, and he frankly admitted that one of the drugs they use will cause it.  I had never heard of it, so I can't remember the name but he said I wasn't on it.  But he didn't exclude other drug from causing it.  Along with age of course. so we can rest assured that if you have them they will grow, some faster than others, I am one of the slow ones.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024