Author Topic: I Give Up!!!!!  (Read 2078 times)

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Well I finally saved for my surgery just to go in on surgery day and they say my blood pressure is to high to do surgery!!!! Im giving up!!! I think maybe this misery I have with gyne is just meant to be. At the moment im typing this I cant help to think im suppose to be on the other side but im not!!! I dont know what to do....

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Can't you get your blood pressure in check? My blood pressure was high a year before surgery. I cut down on salt, sugar and alcohol while exercising. Plus I quit smoking.

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
It is important to keep blood pressure under control to minimize other major health issues.  Medication(s) can help lower and control blood pressure quickly. 

hammer

As Herbert said, medications can help bring it down quickly and that would help prevent other health issues such as heart problems and possible stroke! There are a lot of people with high blood pressure, some can control it with life style like Jay is doing, some with meds like I'm doing. I just had back surgery again in Dec, and my blood pressure is in great control, with the help of medications and I monitor it and watch what I eat as well as Jay suggested.

See you doctor about it, then move forward.

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Thanks Hammer,seeing my dr and moving forward is what ill do!!!

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Well I took the words from the forever wise Hammer and moved forward and got my surgery done today. I really almost gave up if it wasnt for this site thank you guys a bunch. Now I wont be able to see my chest till tomorrow so I will have more insight on how the results look. I really hope all is well had the surgery from Dr Timothy Alexander from this site so im hoping for positive results. Thank you guys, and Hammer that comment really stuck with me for I proceeded forward Thanks bud!

hammer

Congratulations! Now may I give some heads up advise? Healing takes time, some time more time then patients allows! You need to follow you post op instructions, as they are put together for good reasons. If you need to use compression, use it! It may take months to see your final results so patients are going to be required now and it will be hard, but you do have support here on the forum.

Once again, congrats, and God bless!

Bob

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Just left my post op follow up and finally got to see the results and I must say im very delighted. I wanted to see everything quick because I know its down hill from here with all the swelling and scar tissue but at least I'll know what the final results would look like. Im glad I didnt give up like I almost did. To be honest I have no pain what so ever which is very surprising! But a bunch of medication that I will use by the Dr orders but I feel no pain. I will upload pics tomorrow when I take the dressings off. Now the journey to the other side begins and the mental shift starts because its hard to be self conscious about something so long and just change that state of mind in one day,so I know it will take time. Thanks to everyone on this forum and I will keep you all undated on the process so it can help others.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024