Author Topic: Unilateral Gyne  (Read 2165 times)

Offline froch2

Hi,

I'm 14 and have, what seems to be, unilateral gynecomastia in my left breast.  i have not seen my pediatrician about this and was wondering if the lump in my left breast could be anything other than gynecomastia. the lump is about 4cm in diameter and is not completely circualr (it is more oblong). On the left side of my left breast, the lump is pertruding from outside under the nipple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Joe

DrBermant

Hi,

I'm 14 and have, what seems to be, unilateral gynecomastia in my left breast.  i have not seen my pediatrician about this and was wondering if the lump in my left breast could be anything other than gynecomastia. the lump is about 4cm in diameter and is not completely circualr (it is more oblong). On the left side of my left breast, the lump is pertruding from outside under the nipple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Joe

Possible timing for surgery in a teenager depends on many factors.  Gynecomastia that has not gone away by 2-3 years often does not.  Patience can give a better scar than surgery, if it goes away.  Unfortunately for some it does not.  Many years of living with gynecomastia can leave emotional scars and patients telling me that they wished that they had earlier surgery.

Unilateral (one sided) gynecomastia can happen. Breasts of women also are unven.  The factors contributing to the uneven condition are just not known.  However, asymmetry is normal for the human body.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Testing_Andractim

• Bronze Member
You're still young, gyne may pass with time.  If not, then surgery is the only thing i've ever heard of that works.  It's not much fun, painful and a long recovery, but worth it.

DrBermant

You're still young, gyne may pass with time.  If not, then surgery is the only thing i've ever heard of that works.  It's not much fun, painful and a long recovery, but worth it.

Recovery after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal and other factors.  

Comfort after surgery also depends on many factors.  Although I give each of my patients a prescription for strong oral medication, most take mainly just plain Tylenol after my sculpture.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024