Author Topic: recovery question  (Read 2588 times)

Offline pumpseeker

• Posting Member
I had surgery thursday morning and everything went great. I just have a couple of questions

1. Can I sleep on my side or do I have to sleep on my back(the pain is almost gone)
2.DO I have to wear my compression vest 24/7
3.When will the swelling go down(its not bad but does not look as goos as it did the day after surgery)
4. I have a prescription for perkasets and I have a 15 day supply. How long did you guys stay on your pain medication?

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Hey, do you have means of contacting your surgeon? I really think that you should only take definite answers from him..

I personally had surgery last Wednesday night and feel that I could sleep on my side / front too, but I've decided to stay on my back for a while yet. Is it worth taking any chances?  ;)
etc.

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
1. I keep sleeping on my back (I'm 4 weeks post-on)
2. I was told by my doctor to wear it for 4 weeks 24h/7
3. It depends - in my case I haven't had any swelling since 3-4 days after surgery
4. I took only one pill right after my surgery. Then I stopped since I didn't feel any pain.

Offline rcbrown23

I think the most important one here is the vest (my opinion). Wear it 23/7 for at least a coulple of weeks. Then at night for at least another week.

As for the others...ask your doc or go by what your body tells you. Pain killers are up to you...anti-biotics (if your taken them) need to be taken untill gone.

Swelling varies GREATLY.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024