Author Topic: scheduled my surgery today!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2494 times)

Offline hooters

• Posting Member
i am schedlued for suregery april 21, 05. The original date was mid may and i told my surgeon i needed to get it as soon as possible so he moved it to the 21st ;D
I am a little nervous about the whole surgery thing but none the less i am happy that im finally getiing it done. It feels like im getting something off my chest, literally ;D. My surgeon said something about a risk of the nipple caving in which made me a litte worried... does anyone have pictures of this.... is it noticeable??  

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline rcbrown23

It can be very noticable... I would be worried also if my surgeon told me this.  I would look into it and ask him more questions about it if I were you.

People tend (including myself) to get overly anxious about getting the opertation, and rush into them. It's not a good idea. It may seem now that a bit of a concave would be thousands of times better than what you have now, but after you have the op and something goes wrong...your stuck with it. Don't rush, man...find out what exactly he means. Ask why there could be an indent. Most importantly, LOOK AT PICTURES OF HIS PRIOR PATIENTS and ask how many of these operations he's done in the past!

I also had an operation scheduled for mid April...I had a bad feeling about it and cancelled, throwing away $250. Now it'll be another month AT LEAST till I can schedule another! Summer will already be here...but ya know what? I'd rather suffer through one more summer and be able to go shirtless for the rest of my life, then hurry into this, mess something up, and be back where it all started.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but just be carefull. I wish someone could have given me this advice before my first operation one year ago.  

-Brown

Offline hooters

• Posting Member
believe me i researched my surgeon and asked him a million questions...... he said that the nipple can cave in from lipoing to much fat or not taking out enough fat.... he is a board certified surgeon that my doctor reccomended me to. he has performed the surgery numerous times so im pretty confident... he just mentioned this when he was going over the risks of the surgery,,,,,,    i just want to see a picture of what the concave nipple looks like.

Offline hooters

• Posting Member
why did u cancel your operation?????? if you dont mind me asking

Offline rcbrown23

I cancelled cause I just got a bad feeling about how the consultation went after a couple of days. The doctor said a few things about gyne that I know are not true, and that made me think maybe he did not know as much about it as I'd hoped...In particular, he said that there is 0% chance of re-growth. He said that once the tissue is gone, it's gone forever, and I know this is not true.

He also did not pay close enough attention to the tissue on my chest. I had a previous lipo only operation, and there is a small "indent" under my nip that I'm a little worried about, and he just barely looked and said "it'll be fine". I know Bermant knows more about these issues than he did, so I made a consultation with him.

Sounds like you've done your research and found a good doc. He was probably just going over possible complications to let you know it could happen.

Are you gettting Lipo or excision or both? Just in case, lipo only will not be able to get the gland (hard lumps) if there are any.

Good luck man                      -Brown

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024