Author Topic: Anti-depressant gyne?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline WW

I'm battling some OCD and was on Effexor for a week before switching to Fluvoxamine and Risperdone (Risperdal) which I have taken for a week and a half.  Could two to three weeks on these meds cause gyne that fast?  I have never had this problem before and it appears that my chest is getting bigger/fat is accumulating in my chest.  I am 33, 6'1" and weigh about 192.  I have worked out in the past and had a decent size chest of muscle, but I have not worked out since April and my chest size was decreasing, but now it is getting bigger without working out.  For a different reason I had a CBC performed this past Thursday and everything was normal.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I am not a doctor, but it is unlikely that a two week regimen of an anti depressant would cause gynecomastia and especially that one.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024