Author Topic: Surgery Overview?  (Read 1625 times)

Offline NH

• Posting Member
Hey all, I just had a few questions overviewing the entire surgery procedure.

1. I have poofy nipples; is there a different procedure that is taken to un-poof them, or is it just that they un-poof after the surgery?

2. Do doctors always do lipo on that area, or is it optional?

3. How long is it before you can start doing normal things again? And how long before you see some results, are able to go to the beach, etc?

4. Will my nipples start looking normal and potentially get smaller after the surgery?

Thank you all so much for any help you can offer.

Offline jtd993

• Posting Member
1.  they are poofy when breast tissue is behind them and will un-poof when it's excised
2.  lipo is optional but helps smooth out the transition from area excised to chest area "untouched" or if there's fat outside the breast tissue
3.  drove a car post op day 2, worked day 3 but get to sit at work a lot.  On day 5 now looking good but severely bruised/swollen.  Not sure when I can go to a beach.
4.  Nipples will be flat, probably smaller as there won't be breast tissue herniating out behind your nipple making them poofy.

Hope this helps

Offline NH

• Posting Member
Thanks very much, your information answered my most important questions. My problem is that I'm moving from where I currently live at the end of the year; I want to have the surgery before I move since my father (a surgeon) will know the doctor who is doing the operation and will know that he's trustworthy. However, I've heard the healing process takes up to a month, and I'll barely have a month and a half this summer before I move; I don't want to spend that month and a half sitting around not able to do anything with my friends. However, I would like a fresh start without these stupid poofy nipples... they really make me, like many other victims of gyne, feel really shameful. I hate them.

Offline jtd993

• Posting Member
I suggest you do it asap before summer if you can.  It's a pretty short procedure so maybe the surgeon can fit you in somewhere or at least call you if there's a cancellation.  I hated my poofies too. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024