Author Topic: i need advice  (Read 2679 times)

Offline gavnol

hi all,
i am 20 yrs old and have been living with breasts for about 8 yrs. i am overweight as i am 6ft tall and 18 stone but should be 13 stone. i have noticed that other guys my size don't have as pronounced breasts, but i told myself people come in different shapes. i just finished watching a male health programme and they mentioned gynecomastia but didnt discuss it. i then researched it online and found this site. i have a few concerns;
my parents took me to a plastic surgeon when i was young and from what i was told my hormone levels are normal and i should just excersise and my boobs would go away, well i havent lost weight but i have pronounced breats, are man boobs directly related to weight?
also i tried to approach my parents about it but they denied there was anything wrong and said i need to loose weight.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Joey101

• Posting Member
from what I understand, Gyne can be caused by either fat, gland or a combination of both. If it's fat then losing weight may help but there's no guarantee, and I know it isn't easy - I'm trying to lose weight myself.

this site has some good info:
http://plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/gynecomastia_index.html

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
One of the keys to how much the breasts will shrink with weight loss is how much the skin has stretched.

Dr. Bermant addresses this issue on his site.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My parents took me to a plastic surgeon when i was young and from what i was told my hormone levels are normal and i should just excersise and my boobs would go away.

A common misconception. Many guys loose weight in an effort to rid themselves of the gyne but to no avail...  Sure, they will get a tad smaller, but do not go away completely.  :-\

The reason why people say "Oh you just have to exercise and loose some weight"
is that they don't realize that both males and females have the same basic chest plumbing and men 'can' grow actual breasts and not just a bit of fat that can be exercised away. Those people need to be educated!

Are man boobs directly related to weight?

For the most part... No! 'Hormonal imbalance' is usually the culprit.

Also i tried to approach my parents about it but they denied there was anything wrong and said i need to loose weight.

It's frustrating when mom and dad aren't on your side huh? Have them read this Site dude. Prove them wrong!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline me!

Hello,
 First, you should REALLY try to lose at least 15-20 pounds. If you lose that weight and become noticeably thinner BUT STILL have breasts, Maybe you should consider Gynecomastia surgery. I had female breasts ever since I was 11 years old and just went through a VERY successful operation, I am 30 years old now. Do plenty of reasearch on the surgery and, ESPECIALLY, the surgeons who do the operations. Make sure that the surgeons are certified andhave done MANY GYNECOMASTIA surgeries and are VERY experienced. The costs vary, my surgery cost $7,500. It was well worth it!
Dr. Miguel Delgado in the San Francisco, California Bay Area region is the surgeon who operated on me. He did a WONDERFULL job. Contact a surgeon, schedule a consultation and ask MANY/ALL questions that concern you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024