Author Topic: Free surgery? Should I do it?  (Read 2376 times)

Offline BloodBaneZXY

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I'm new to the board, but not new to the gyno scene.  I realized I had it probably about 3-4 years ago, and have been coping with it ever since.  It has been quite a hassle though, only wearing dark colors, can't wear thin/light t-shirts, always twisting my nipples before taking my shirt off (so the puffy appearance goes away)

Anyways, I had a consult with Dr. Haugrud today in Calgary, he told me he could to the surgery covered under AHC, but that my gyno was not that significant, and to consider the implications of it.  For me, the biggest two 2 concerns are contours (where the nipple caves and leaves a "dent"), and scarring (because I'm east indian I have darker skin and he said there would be a visible scar under my nipple).  Yet It's probably even moreso embarassing/obvious having the gyno as opposed to a scar.

I will get some pics up later tonigt, but I'd like to know what you guys think, or if anyone darker skinned has got the surgery and really regrets the little scars that came with it.

Thanks guys

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
If this doctor has a background of gyne experience, and you feel comfortable having surgery done by him then I would go for it. As for scaring, yes its probably going to be more visible because of your skin tone, but seriously would you rater have a fat pair of breasts or a small little scar that's barely noticeable... Id go with the scare any day.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
like he said, what's critical is that the guy be well experience with ps and gyne.  a lot of generalists just hack you up wherever they feel like it and figure a scar's a scar.  the current technique seems to generally be half circles on the areola and if done well the scarring is minimal.

did you discuss that issue specifically?  it seems like you wouldn't be the first patient he'd worked with with darker skin...
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
i was fortunate enough to have my surgery covered by insurance and i just had my surgery done yesterday. The doctor was a general plastic/ reconstructive surgeon. He did excision and lipo. (i only had it done on my right side because i had unilateral gynecomastia). but he sounded like he was doing and he said he does about 2 gyne surgeries a month. so i was pretty comfortable... im excited to see the results
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline Deviant

• Posting Member
Go for it,  man.  Way I see it is that if he messes sup you could always have it corrected with a revision. The possibility is someone messing up is always there whether you pay for the surgery or not.  I wouldn't mind a non ideal chest  as long as it isn't feminine,  but even then there's always the possibility for a revision if something goes wrong.

Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024