Author Topic: My Case  (Read 8870 times)

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
Finally went to see the doctor about getting my Gynecomastia sorted.  It felt so good be able to tell someone why i wanted it etc In my case, i literally have no fat around the breast.  He quickly ruled that out, which means no liposuction is required.  All i have is breast tissue (predominantly glandular and fibrous tissue).  This means i'll have to have surgery to excise the thickened area.  The operation will leave a scar on the areola.  The scar isn't much of an issue, since no matter what, it'll improve my case...i hope. 

I was wondering if anyone has gone under a similar operation?  and what the expected results are for this type of surgery?

Thanks

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
I was wondering if anyone has gone under a similar operation?  and what the expected results are for this type of surgery?

Thanks

I'm about to undergo the same operation, I've asked the same question (puffy nipples section of the forum). No lipo means the surgery is less dramatic and will hopefully result in a quicker recovery time. For full recovery it can be anywhere from 1-3 months, results are all dependent on the surgeon, but with a good surgeon you can expect to look completely normal.

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
Well this surgeon has: FRCS, FRCS(Plast), FRACS - I don't know what any of that means.  When i went for my consultation, he sounded like a legit guy in this area.
My local GP recommended me to him.  It's a private hospital but i didn't expect it to cost this much: £4690 (Daycase, theatre costs, surgery and post-operative care, short general anesthetic)
Now that you mention it's a pretty simple operation, i'm wondering why it costs that much?? I'd like to know how much you guys paid for operations in England.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
Well this surgeon has: FRCS, FRCS(Plast), FRACS - I don't know what any of that means.  When i went for my consultation, he sounded like a legit guy in this area.
My local GP recommended me to him.  It's a private hospital but i didn't expect it to cost this much: £4690 (Daycase, theatre costs, surgery and post-operative care, short general anesthetic)
Now that you mention it's a pretty simple operation, i'm wondering why it costs that much?? I'd like to know how much you guys paid for operations in England.

Thats about standard price, usually its around 5-6.5k in the AUS/US, considering your pound is worth more tho. A lot of guys in the UK have said they got it through health care or something? for free.

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
It's possible but in my case, i won't be able to, considering my condition isn't that "bad". 

Offline noobs101

• Posting Member
Wow, everything in England is expensive unfortunately for you.

It sounds like you're way better off flying to Canada and getting it done for 2-3 grand and then stay at a nice hotel to recover and you'll still save a bundle!

anyways, good luck!
Dr. Craig Fielding    416.766.8890    Toronto
1st consultation: Sept 15th 2008
2nd consultation: Oct 17th 2008
Surgery date: October 29th 2008
Cost for freedom $2100.

Special thanks to : Grandpa Bambu

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
True but if i had to go for any future visits, it starts to add up.  I rather do it at home, where i can be with my family through this.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
I had exactly this, excision with no lipo. Check my results at one week:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15726.0

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
Thanks for that post^

I'm trying to time my surgery just right, so i have enough time to recover at home and not away from home (university).  Any of you guys know what the recover times are for this type of procedure?

Offline anon90

• Posting Member
im from england and im getting lipo and exision for £4100 with dr karadis in london (that covers hospital fees surgeons fees anethetics etc.)

ive heard you can get it cheaper but im going with karadis because hes done over 700 gyne ops which is kinda impressive

going down the NHS route is pretty pointless unless you are extremely depressed or you have a extremely bad case they wont do the surgery

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
I've heard many great things about Karadis but i need somewhere close to home, so i can recover at home with my family, which beats having to stay with people i don't really know and having to hide it from them. I'll get a whole month at home to recover before i have to go back to Uni, so hopefully this is the right thing to do.

My GP and the surgeon have said i wouldn't be a suitable candidate for the NHS, since my size doesn't qualify for it.  It's been such a downer for me but it hasn't messed me up, i'm just extremely self conscious about it and just want to wear a damn t-shirt! and be comfortable in front of girls when we get close.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:35:21 AM by Aperture »

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
16th December is the date. Hopefully it'll be a great christmas for me.

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
Tomorrow is the day, a life changing day.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Good luck man! Hope things go well.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Good Luck and I hope you achieve the results you are looking for...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024