Author Topic: Massage and Gyno  (Read 8912 times)

Offline sunny007

• Posting Member
Does massage helps to reduce fat and tissue ?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Massage will do nothing for fat or gyno.

Losing weight will reduce (somewhat) the fat component of the gyno -- but not the breast tissue itself, which will not respond to weight loss.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
to precise that out a little, where the fat is part of excess body mass i could believe it, but it seems to me if i haven't misread you that it shouldn't abate from the gyne content for the same reason weight loss wouldn't significantly reduce a woman's breasts, that they're sort of programmed to hang onto it for when nature calls on it for the purpose they were designed for. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If a woman loses significant amounts of weight, her breasts will diminish in size.  Many overweight men with large breasts will experience shrinkage in their gyno with significant weight loss -- but the gyno never disappears entirely.  It is the fat component that has diminished -- not the breast tissue.  In fact, many men find that with significant weight loss, even though their breasts have diminished in size, their breasts now seem even more prominent because the rest of their body has also decreased in size.

There is a common fallacy that weight loss and working out can get rid of gyne -- it doesn't.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
If a woman loses significant amounts of weight, her breasts will diminish in size.  Many overweight men with large breasts will experience shrinkage in their gyno with significant weight loss -- but the gyno never disappears entirely.  It is the fat component that has diminished -- not the breast tissue.  In fact, many men find that with significant weight loss, even though their breasts have diminished in size, their breasts now seem even more prominent because the rest of their body has also decreased in size.

There is a common fallacy that weight loss and working out can get rid of gyne -- it doesn't.

Dr Jacobs

Agreed completely!!! Weight loss is always good if you are overweight and may give some benefit, but the gland will persist without surgery....

Offline sunny007

• Posting Member
Agreed too.as i lost 5kg from 65kg to 60kg and all the fat in the chest area disappeared but only thing left is conical shape ugly breast tissue/gland

Offline xoxxx

• Posting Member
STAY AWAY FROM THAT, When you have gynecomastia think of touching them as a taboo.

It can actually make it worse inducing things like prolactin (correct me if im wrong) and inhibiting the circulation of estrogen (I think). Not enought reasearch to give you a straight answer.

(this is what I have personally found out)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024