Author Topic: results of my ultrasonography  (Read 2438 times)

Offline strato

• Posting Member
I was mentioning in another topic that some PS that I had visited were saying I had gland and fat and some others were saying I had fat only. Yesterday I went to have an ultrasound image of my breasts.

The doctor performing the sonography reported that the parenchymal bud (he was calling it "bud" instead of "gland") was in expected size. In both breasts the bud (gland) size was 8x6mm. No hyperlasia, solid or cystic mass lesion was detected. Gynecomastia was caused by the build up of fatty tissue in both retroareolar area.

Sure I am going to share this with my PS and you maybe saying that "you have the results what are you asking for??" but the thing is that my nipples are puffy and the reason for this is I believe excess gland and I really respect and trust the opinions of this group...

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
8 x 6 mm is about the size of a pea.  That's not much tissue.  Do you have mainly fat?  I'm sure that if you have puffy nipples, you have gland tissue present, and it's probably larger than 8 x 6 mm.  Are you looking at having combo therapy, lipo and gland excision? 

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline strato

• Posting Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=15955.msg110985#msg110985 date=1224425225]
8 x 6 mm is about the size of a pea.  That's not much tissue.  Do you have mainly fat?  I'm sure that if you have puffy nipples, you have gland tissue present, and it's probably larger than 8 x 6 mm.  Are you looking at having combo therapy, lipo and gland excision? 

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

Many thanks for your message. This is what confuses me. It writes 8 x 6 mm on the report but if it is so I shouldn't be having these puffy nipples. I am 69 inches and 180 pounds. As per my doctor I have mainly fat. I do not know if I should have a combo or lipo only. As mentioned earlier I visited 5 different PS and 3 of them said they would go with lipo only and 2 of them said lipo plus excision. I am thinking that if my gland is really in normal size, then after liposuction (some say liposhaping, some say liposculpturing, some say Vasel, I guess they are all the same at the end of the day) together with my breasts, my nipples should be ok as well (eventhough they are now puffy). Am I correct?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
If you have gland tissue pushing out the nipple/areola area, it should be removed if you want to be flat.  That's my humble opinion.  :D

Maybe run that by the docs who say lipo only. 

Dr. Pope, M.D.

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=15955.msg111013#msg111013 date=1224457263]
If you have gland tissue pushing out the nipple/areola area, it should be removed if you want to be flat.  That's my humble opinion.  :D

Maybe run that by the docs who say lipo only. 

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

Agreed with Dr. Pope - you most likely need both lipo and gland excision - good luck

Offline strato

• Posting Member
Dr. Pope
Dr. Kapoor,

Thank you very much for your time and support...I will make a few re-visits and tell them so.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024