Author Topic: Same old story for us- Comments about long scars.  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Gynemaniac

• Posting Member
Hi everybody, first i'm not good at writing english, so please forgive my grammar. Anyway, I hope you'll get my point. Approximately 10 days ago i found this site, before that i didnt even know about surgery option. I read almost every single topics. I felt you brothers problems in my heart, i think we all feel similar things with different experiences. Interestingly I felt brotherhood for every single user. Especially Granpa bambu, i think he dedicated himself to courage and support people who is in pre-op and post-op processes. ( After he get rid of gyne he is still online and comments others posts) So, i want to thank every single users who brave to create topic with photos and comments others positively.

My condition and history: I have very very severe condition (at least 8/10) gyne all my life.  Besides that three times i lost around 100 pounds and gained. I worked out 2 years with hope to get rid of gyne but i couldn't. Every single time my appearance changed but gyne. This time i'm again around 200 pound (6.0) which is acceptable for me. Next week i'll have consultion with Dr Bermant. After my researches i clearly understand that i need skin reduction too because of severe condition. Most probably he'll offer that. I believe that without skin reduction i wont get any good result. I know this is fact, right now i'm trying to prepare myself to bad looking long scars. I know that this is trade between live with scars and live with gyne. But i'm scared of making wrong decision which i cannot revise in all my life. I tried to find 6 or more months after photos of skin reduction surgery, but unfortunately i couldn't find more than 1. My question is that is there anyone who had similar (very severe) surgery with long scars. Is that so bad, because of that nobody choose this kind of surgery? Please help me with your comments and probable photos. Thanks.     

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i've seen some that weren't bad and, though necessary, were only larger because of the size of the reduction. 

don't worry too much.  the doctors on this board, bermant included, are professionals at this who are sensitive to and understanding of your concerns, they know better than general surgeons how to minimize the visual effect.  if i remember rightly bermant even knew his sutures well enough to have a patent on one or something.  he may even have related info on his website if you look it over. 

you will in any case be much better off without the gyne.  even if anything's visible, you'll have earned it honestly.  i would much rather have a scar or two than severe gyne, i'd just tell people i got them in a sword fight ;) 

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 01:20:25 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I read almost every single topics. I felt you brothers problems in my heart, i think we all feel similar things with different experiences. Interestingly I felt brotherhood for every single user. Especially Granpa bambu, i think he dedicated himself to courage and support people who is in pre-op and post-op processes.

Thanks my man, but there are a few others here that have dedicated their time and experience to this site. Grandpa Dan, HHH01, Hypo and the resident doctors... please stand up!

you will in any case be much better off without the gyne.  even if anything's visible, you'll have earned it honestly.  i would much rather have a scar or two than severe gyne, i'd just tell people i got them in a sword fight ;)

x2!!!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Gynemaniac

• Posting Member
i've seen some that weren't bad and, though necessary, were only larger because of the size of the reduction. 

don't worry too much.  the doctors on this board, bermant included, are professionals at this who are sensitive to and understanding of your concerns, they know better than general surgeons how to minimize the visual effect.  if i remember rightly bermant even knew his sutures well enough to have a patent on one or something.  he may even have related info on his website if you look it over. 

You are right bro, i'm just trying to convince myself or prepare for real. Life with scars will be much more good than life with this condition. Thanks for comment.

I read almost every single topics. I felt you brothers problems in my heart, i think we all feel similar things with different experiences. Interestingly I felt brotherhood for every single user. Especially Granpa bambu, i think he dedicated himself to courage and support people who is in pre-op and post-op processes.

Thanks my man, but there are a few others here that have dedicated their time and experience to this site. Grandpa Dan, HHH01, Hypo and the resident doctors... please stand up!

x2!!!

GB

Maybe your name is easy to remember that's why i remembered your name firstly, but you still one of the best. I'm sorry about other dedicated people. Thanks for comment uncle Grandpa Bambu (uncle = we call people who is older than us). Thank you...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your command of English is good enough for me, I have no problem understanding you at all.

Like you, I have great respect for Bambu and I am not in the least offended or feeling left out.

I'm certain you will be pleased with the result, Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline knah342

• Posting Member
I'm in the same boat as you as I'm having skin reduction surgery next week.  I'm worried about the scars since every pic I've seen online of this procedure has resulted in really bad scars (except for one from Jacob's site)  It is easier to hide the scars than the gyne, but just don't want to ever have to explain myself if I take my shirt off in front of anyone how I got them.  I'm hoping they fade  like my stretch marks did after I lost the weight, from red to  to the point you can't see them unless you look for them.  Do any creams help with fading the scars that are recommended btw?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 12:06:33 PM by knah342 »

Offline Gynemaniac

• Posting Member
Your command of English is good enough for me, I have no problem understanding you at all.

Like you, I have great respect for Bambu and I am not in the least offended or feeling left out.

I'm certain you will be pleased with the result, Good Luck!

Thanks Paa Paw, you are one of the people i mentioned earlier. Good or not i want to take my chance.

I'm in the same boat as you as I'm having skin reduction surgery next week.  I'm worried about the scars since every pic I've seen online of this procedure has resulted in really bad scars (except for one from Jacob's site)  It is easier to hide the scars than the gyne, but just don't want to ever have to explain myself if I take my shirt off in front of anyone how I got them.  I'm hoping they fade  like my stretch marks did after I lost the weight, from red to  to the point you can't see them unless you look for them.  Do any creams help with fading the scars that are recommended btw?

I hope you're result will be good. Also we should make research about creams, may be it'll help to reduce scar problem. Thanks for comment, and please keep in touch with us. We need your comments after surgery.  Good luck bro.

Offline Gynemaniac

• Posting Member
Update

Yesterday i met with Dr. Bermant. He checked my gyne and first we talked about my weight history. He said i have gyne plus sagging skin problem. They measured me 214 pounds. By the way in the medical history forms i stated my desired weight about 190. And then he wants me to stabilize my weight. He said that if i loose 20-25 more pounds after surgery everything will messes up.  He clearly stated that even i give him million dollar he cannot do surgery before i get my desired weight. In this situation i could go another doctor who wants to do surgery right away, so Dr Bermant could loose one customer. But even there is a chance to loose customer he didnt want to do surgery. My impression about him that he is really ethical and trustworthy man. Because he doesnt want to do what he believes. Whether he earns money or not. In other hand, personally  i found him very tough, middle of the consultation he left room because of my pressure for quick surgery. I tried to convince him about my situation but he didnt change his idea. End of the consultation he offered me to use stage 2 compression vest. He said that there is no study about result of compression vest ( Before surgery), but he also said it's good for showing me after surgery appearance and it might help my skin shagging.  Yesterday and today i wore compression vest, it is surprisingly so comfortable. Also in my entire life first time i felt that i have no gyne. Seems like i'll wear this vest before surgery time.

Result, next 3-4 months i'l try to reach my weight goal, and then if everything is ok we will discuss further details with Dr Bermant because i believed in him. Also i want to talk about his office staff, everybody were nice, especially Miss Jane was very very nice and caring person. She spent her time to explain my situation and possible scenarios. I hope everything will be good for every single one of us.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
I hope everything will be good for every single one of us.
me too.  thanks for the update and good luck with the weight program. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024