Author Topic: Questions about Arthroscopic Shaver in combination with Ultrasonic Lipo techniqu  (Read 2488 times)

Offline rdy4chng

• Posting Member
I have a less severe or mild case of gynecomastia and have finally decided to get it removed.  It’s been a long struggle living with it since I was 10 and now I’m 32, but I’ve decided it’s something that will make me be able to do things that my current condition prevents me from doing.

I’ve consulted with four doctors to get there opinion on it, how they would surgically remove it and pricing.  I’m leaning toward one doctor that has 30 years experience as a Plastic Surgeon but probably only does 2 men a year for gyne.  He did have fewer photos than some of the other doctors, but I don’t think everything should be based on photos of other people; everyone’s bodies are so different that much of the results are a function of your particular severity and body shape and of course the experience of the doctor. He was the only of the four to introduce me to using an Arthroscopic Shaver in combination with Ultrasonic Lipo.  It’s newer technique (past 4-5 years) but has had good results based on some articles I’ve read, one in particular from the American Association of Plastic Surgeons. It also is done through a small key-hole size cut on your side near your arm/chest rather than the nipple.   

My question to the discussion board is this, has anyone discussed this type of treatment (Arthroscopic Shaver) with their doctor or has anyone had this done? I’d really appreciate any feedback from you.

Thanks.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think it would be wise to look for a surgeon with a lot more experience in the type of surgery you are seeking.

Like many other artistic endeavors, sculpting requires a lot of practice.

An artist who paints fantastic landscapes may not be able to produce a decent portrait.
Grandpa Dan

Offline rdy4chng

• Posting Member
He does have experience with that technique hence why he suggested that.  I think he has less experience doing gyne surgery on men, maybe 2 per year compared with some other doctors around the area.  But I can go with the doctor that has the most pictures and books to show but it doesn't' mean I'm going to have the best results.  And, since this method is less invasive, my nipple will not be cut at all which is another advantage.  He has 30 years experience as a plastic surgeon.

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
Hey,

I've got surgery scheduled for March.  I went through the process of finding someone I was satisfied with, and I also had to consider the nipple incision.

In the end, I was able to find a surgeon (Dr. Lista) who does not utilize a nipple incision, but he has also done hundreds of surgeries.  He was able to show me lots of pictures of patients who had considerably improved.  This was important to see.

A plastic surgeon with 30 years experience is tremendous.  But 2 gyne surgeries per year means he's probably done about 60 of these.  Contrast this with a surgeon who does hundreds of gyne surgeries per year.  I'd go with the latter surgeon.  Plastic surgery is probably more of an art than a science. 

I also saw another surgeon who also doesn't utilize a nipple incision.  However, he failed to inspire confidence in me and I went looking for other options. 

No matter what you do, make sure YOU are confident in your plastic surgeon.  You only get one shot at a first attempt, and the first attempt is the most important.

Offline tlkgmp

• Posting Member
I consulted a number of Dr's here in the Portland Metro area for Gyne surgery and there was one Dr who also does the surgery that way. He was a younger Doc with relatively few years in the field, i opted for a Doc with 25 yrs and 15yrs experience performing Gyne surgery. So i guess it may be a rather new but not totally uncommon way to perform the surgery.

Offline rdy4chng

• Posting Member
Well from the photos of the work he did do it looked good.  It's hard to say what looks good or not too cause everyone is so different.  It has been hard for me to find other doctors in the area that do this method, he's the only one I found in the SF area that does this method.  I sure there are more, but I can't find them.  I've talk to four doctors.  I do feel a little odd leaning toward the doctor with the least photos but I get a good feeling about him, his confidence, experience and the benefits of the arthroscopic shaver tech.  It seems that with the photos of the guys that had the nipple cut, there is a fair chance that scaring will make the nipple deformed.  And from what I read about this technique it also produces a smoother contour then cutting.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024