Author Topic: Gland removal  (Read 4496 times)

Offline WorriedTeen

Hey guys,

I have read that some gyno surgeries remove the gland (I forgot what the gland is called). Is this common? What are the pros and cons of this surgery?

Thanks,

WT

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Depends what type of gyne the patient has. If they have largely glandular gyne, then they NEED the gland removed (although some may not remove ALL of it) for any real changes. People with fatty gyne are more likely to just need liposuction, but I'd still imagine that getting gland removed would be a good idea then anyway.
etc.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Yeah, I'll give you a pro. Before I had surgery (gland removal and liposuction), I felt like a knobber because my nipples stuck out really far.

Now, I have a pretty much flat chest and look normal.

There's a pro.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
If I were you I'd look for a skilled PS that does both lipo and gland exicision.  From my own experience and what I've seen on these boards, a lot of the cases that result in more satisfying results are from those who have had a surgeon who does both liposuction and gland excision.

Many people have just one or the other and are not satisfied.  I've come to believe that it requires both lipo and gland removal in order to attain what most people consider to be satisfying results.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
From what I've seen, most people on these boards who get surgery don't get skin reduction also.  Usually the elasticity of skin is so great that such an operation is generally used for pretty severe cases of gyno.

Offline WorriedTeen

Thanks for the replies. I specifically meant the pros and cons of gland removal. I have recently learnt more about the subject. Apparently, not all of the gland is always removed and it sometime regrows.

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Ok im a bit a lost. Can someone enlighten me on what the hell this gland actually is? What are the chances of it growing back after surgery? Do people without gyno have this gland in their chest? If not, why isnt the gland totally removed during surgery?
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Spleen

In my case the pro is a "normal" looking chest, basically my same old chest but without the budding nipples of a 12 year old girl.

The cons so far: cost, post surgical pain and discomfort.  The cost is a permanent con, the recovery temporary.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024