Author Topic: Drainage tubes always necessary?  (Read 3870 times)

Offline camarojoe

• Posting Member
I have a minor case. Puffy nipples. probably about a 3/10. basically, when my nipples are erect my chest looks great.
I have a consultation scheduled in june, with the intent of surgery in the fall (I dont want to completly ruin my summer)

Are drainage tubes always required? this is my biggest hangup at this point. I dont know how I will be able to go to work with the drainage tubes and collection tanks taped to the vest.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Me too, just looking at those tubes makes me shudder.  A lot of doctors on this board don't use drains, my surgery was with Bermant, he didn't use drains.  Results were great. 

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
A surgeon I'm going to in the UK - Karidis - doesn't use drains.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

DrBermant

I have a minor case. Puffy nipples. probably about a 3/10. basically, when my nipples are erect my chest looks great.
I have a consultation scheduled in june, with the intent of surgery in the fall (I dont want to completly ruin my summer)

Are drainage tubes always required? this is my biggest hangup at this point. I dont know how I will be able to go to work with the drainage tubes and collection tanks taped to the vest.

I rarely need drains for my gynecomastia surgery patients.  It seems to be necessary about once in 2 years.  You are correct, not having drains is much more comfortable and helps in getting back to work earlier.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
Nope.. not always necessary.

I had my surgery a month ago and no drains were necessary. My results are looking great.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Nope.. not always necessary.

I had my surgery a month ago and no drains were necessary. My results are looking great.

Nice one, man.

Offline anon85

• Posting Member
Say drains were required, how long do they usually stay in? And, would you have to sleep on your back? Cause I don't think that'd be possible for me without something to knock me out.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
A day or two. Not very long. They are a bother but don't let this be the deciding factor for surgery, it's only a small part of it all.

Offline mike888

• Posting Member
I get surgery in two weeks.  MY PS says that I won't need drains either.  Did any of you guys get the surgery without lipo??

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024